Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose by a very small margin. Caps win 2-1 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
[Tweet]855588795621797888[/MEDIA]

You know, the more I watch this, the angrier I get.

That was a completely disgusting cheap shot by Niskanen. Puck nowhere to be seen, Kadri already being engaged with Ovi, and hard slash from the blind side where there is little or no padding.

That's a cowardly and blatant attempt to injure. People wanna complain about Kadri's hit?

That was slash was gutless. Who's the real rat?

Exactly this.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
[Tweet]855588795621797888[/MEDIA]

You know, the more I watch this, the angrier I get.

That was a completely disgusting cheap shot by Niskanen. Puck nowhere to be seen, Kadri already being engaged with Ovi, and hard slash from the blind side where there is little or no padding.

That's a cowardly and blatant attempt to injure. People wanna complain about Kadri's hit?

That was slash was gutless. Who's the real rat?

two-handed for extra scumminess

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Interesting assumption?, They may also realize they are overmatched against men and it effects them in a bad way, Thats the true learning curve result, Not all lessons learned are good, when you have been eaten by the lion what did you learn?....Maybe not to come back and get eaten again

But they aren't being over matched. Nylander is not just holding his own, he's a legitimate scoring threat. Same can be said about Matthews, Kapanen and even Rielly. I think the only player that's been over matched is Marner (look at his corsi and fenwick in the playoffs and the regular season), and even he is tied for the Leafs scoring lead.

The playoffs have a higher threshold for what is and isn't a penalty. You'd expect that this would slow down our younger, less physically developed players. The only one that has slowed down, arguably, is Marner.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Ovechkin is a first ballot Hall of Famer. However his career is dotted with reckless hits especially knee on knee hits. We saw that "accidental" head shot on Komarov. There's something a bit comforting that Kadri didn't do that to a type of player who never crosses the line.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Ovechkin is a first ballot Hall of Famer. However his career is dotted with reckless hits especially knee on knee hits. We saw that "accidental" head shot on Komarov. There's something a bit comforting that Kadri didn't do that to a type of player who never crosses the line.

I used to love Ovi but after his antics on the Kadri hit; staying down and acting like a little *****; then coming back in the 2nd full throttle laying hits and spearing kadri...

yea.... ovi can go **** himself for all I care now. His hits has been charging penalties none called; Kadri straight up called it in his post game when naz basically said that ovi was dumping the puck and looking to make hits on the D-men; (we all know he was charging)

Ovi can go F himself.

I really want to win this series now just to stick it to ovi and that stupid face of kuznetsov (wilson the d-bag goes without saying)

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
::laugh:

Im sorry man. In quitting smoking so I've been especially pissy. But I do find the fact I rustle your jimmies pretty funny

so you're proud that you whine and pout like a little diva after every game the Leafs lose. Yikes, I'll leave you be then.

Dk Math

Jun 12, 2016
two-handed for extra scumminess

In my point of view, the NHL should give five days for number 2 for that slashing behind the knee.
This id dirty play, and that count both way and it is difficult to judge in game and very dangerously. There can be no protection behind these places.
Second times can then get 20 days to think about common safety of all players.
Third time 40 games, forth time a year.

It is OK playing hard with the body, but this is cheap play.

936LeafsOilers997

Dec 31, 2015
I get that I'm a Leafs homer, and Caps fans are going to be Caps homers, but I fail to see what people on the main board are seeing. A still gets posted where Kadri's knee in the process of bending over catches just below Ovi's knee, and Kadri's elbow is at the same height as Ovi's knee and everyone screaming, see the initial point of contact is the knee.

When throwing a hip check, what matters to determine clipping or not is where the brunt of the contact from the hip comes from. If someone is looking at the still that constantly gets posted and thinks Kadri's hip is at the height of Ovi's knee then they must believe Kadri has some severe anatomy issues that start with a massive hip dislocation. Kadri's hip is about the height of halfway up Ovi's pants, and assuming the hit continues horizontally from that point hits halfway up Ovi's pants and is completely legal. I don't understand what posting that same still where Kadri's hip is at a height above Ovi's knee proves.

It's a borderline play that I thought was clipping and said should have been 5 initially(Ovi's "injury" makes it an auto 5), but looking back on it, the brunt of Kadri's hip hits Ovi in the pants which is not clipping, and thankfully it seems the NHL agrees.

I also don't see how that makes it tripping, I guess because he only caught half of Ovi's body(1 leg) because Ovi was trying to dodge it, and the refs felt the need to call something there. Because it looked bad.

It's also not a knee on knee because there was a lot of other contact there. Like when you're making a full body check and it just so happens that your knee hits his knee in the process it's not kneeing. It's only kneeing when that's the only contact that happens, i.e. you stick out your knee.

People on the main boards see someone in a Leafs jersey hitting someone in not a Leafs jersey.... adding to that it was Kadri (probably the most hated Leafs player, by other fanbases)...

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
In my point of view, the NHL should give five days for number 2 for that slashing behind the knee.
This id dirty play, and that count both way and it is difficult to judge in game and very dangerously. There can be no protection behind these places.
Second times can then get 20 days to think about common safety of all players.
Third time 40 games, forth time a year.

It is OK playing hard with the body, but this is cheap play.

I see where you're going with this but remember the Calgary game where he went after Gaudreau? The SportsNet youtube channel actually titled the incident "Gotta See It: Did Kadri turtle against Jooris?". Again, it was a similar slash by Jooris to the back of #43's knee that obviously brought him down. What else should he have done expect turtle? What's worse is that there was no supplemental discipline handed out to the Flames player. Naz got a raw deal there, he will get a raw deal here, and he'll continue to get a raw deal in future incidents.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
No Polak has hurt our PK a lot this series IMO. Most of the goals against seem to be coming from the right side where his presence is sorely missed.

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
I used to love Ovi but after his antics on the Kadri hit; staying down and acting like a little *****; then coming back in the 2nd full throttle laying hits and spearing kadri...

yea.... ovi can go **** himself for all I care now. His hits has been charging penalties none called; Kadri straight up called it in his post game when naz basically said that ovi was dumping the puck and looking to make hits on the D-men; (we all know he was charging)

Ovi can go F himself.

I really want to win this series now just to stick it to ovi and that stupid face of kuznetsov (wilson the d-bag goes without saying)
Ovi is a hard-nosed player and future HOF without a doubt, not to mention his obvious skill level. I actually don't think he's charging; he hits hard and is tough to knock of his feet. However, he does use his stick a lot (slashing, cross-checking) and a lot of little cheap shots away from the puck. That part of his game I can't stand. I love Naz and what he brings to the Leafs, but he's no saint and he's had his moments where he crossed the edge. The hit on Ovi was clean and should not have been penalized but his reputation hurts him because of the stuff he's done in the past. Gotta call like I see it. Still, I love what's he's done in this series and this year over-all and I think we haven't yet the seen the best of Kadri. I hope he layups out Ovi (cleanly) again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad