Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This team is more than capable to win games on the road. Both teams have to win 2 out of 3. I am not counting the Leafs out, not at all. They could very easily win the next 2 games. It's so depressing reading you guys, lol. It's 2-2 series, not 0-3. They can do this!
Leafs have been the better team 3 out of 4 games. If Andersen is good, and the coaching doesn't get in the way, we will be fine.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This team is more than capable to win games on the road. Both teams have to win 2 out of 3. I am not counting the Leafs out, not at all. They could very easily win the next 2 games. It's so depressing reading you guys, lol. It's 2-2 series, not 0-3. They can do this!

Maybe it's a "math is hard" thing, who knows. It's not even depressing to me as much as it is embarrassing, and embarrassing it is for sure.

Reactions: AreBe

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What happened on the 2nd goal?
Looked like Zaitsev was hurt and gave up?
Didn't look like he missed a shift after though.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not USA...who said that Haha
CANADA is a different animal. They have the skill but also the desire and compete...Americans not so much...our 34 is an example, allot of coasting at times. With his skill and size it shouldn't be close

Occasionally dominating would be nice, even if it’s just one period.

Reactions: Dragao6

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Agreed. We need Freddy to bounce back to make it happen though.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Yesterday was an opportunity we can't get back. All bets are off now. That was the game to put our necks on these guys and we simply couldn't do it. If/when we get bounced out again it will be game 4 to look back on...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Like a gritty firefly, giving 100%.
I also bet if A or K were digging for a puck against two Bruins in the last 4 mins, down a goal, he would be in there helping, crashing, pulling hair if needed, trying to get control of the puck. He certainly wouldn’t be standing there blocking the view of paying customers.

I wonder why babcock doesn’t try that then? According to his dad. Marner is a Center

Why can’t marner Center an all rookie line for 3 years

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I wonder why babcock doesn’t try that then? According to his dad. Marner is a Center

He could, but when a superstar centre falls into your lap it makes sense to put your best winger with him to maximize both player’s potential. Oftentimes teams have put their best players together.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Marner could easily play Center but he's better on the wing for now.
Wouldn't be enough ice to go around with Tavares and Matthews .

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
You think Nylander has outplayed Marner when considering both sides of the puck?
Right on! What game are people watching. Nylander carrying the puck round and eventually circling back to the top of the blue line before turning it over. How many times have we seen that? He hasn't been a total disaster by any means but he holds out for premium compensation and this is what we get? Sorry, I was a huge fan, but I don't see the passion. Does anyone ever think we'll see Nylander win a puck battle or block shots? Come on..... Look at Pastrnak? The guy is trying to make big hits, makes a couple of big plays offensively and shows way more passion that you'll ever see from Nylander.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Right on! What game are people watching. Nylander carrying the puck round and eventually circling back to the top of the blue line before turning it over. How many times have we seen that? He hasn't been a total disaster by any means but he holds out for premium compensation and this is what we get? Sorry, I was a huge fan, but I don't see the passion. Does anyone ever think we'll see Nylander win a puck battle or block shots? Come on..... Look at Pastrnak? The guy is trying to make big hits, makes a couple of big plays offensively and shows way more passion that you'll ever see from Nylander.
I watched Pastrnak get outplayed by Nylander's line all night.. it's not Nylanders fault he has to curl back 2-3 times because no one is open for a pass. The crazy thing is the puck is ALWAYS on his stick the whole time hes on the ice, now its up to babcock to figure out why he cant pass to anyone. Matthews dosnt even come close to the puck control Nylander has

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He could, but when a superstar centre falls into your lap it makes sense to put your best winger with him to maximize both player’s potential. Oftentimes teams have put their best players together.

Because babcock has been known to put his best C on the wing? and pair his best players together instead of driving their own lines?

People really think marner would be our best C too?

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Why doesn't babs rotate brown and marner just like cassidy did with pastrnak?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Marner has comfortably been better than nylander at all situations throughout the 4 games. Nylander has played well. Been our 4th best forward after marner, Hyman, and JT. The JT line has matched against the best line in hockey and come away with a 2-2 draw. Nylander has gotten easier competition but has thrived. Marner is our best player while nylander is our player with the most to prove. Both cmhave been good but can still be better.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
We really do make their zone entries easy as hell, especially on the PP. Don't know if trapping is the answer though.

That's fair, I just hope we make some adjustments next game, especially zone entry on the PK.

Reactions: AreBe

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Going back to Boston up 3-1 would've been huge! But 2-2 with 2 games in Boston makes things a little tougher.

If freddy can keep up the good goaltending I think we have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad