Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
just for a few games; if we remain status-quo chances of same thing happening again and again is higher i.e. only JT line scoring while other 2 lines struggling

Colorado has kept their top line together, and they basically won the game. Given that example, breaking up your top line in an attempt to win is a big NO in my books.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Gramps here. Why is that? I am going to bed now but why? If he can't play anymore and he knows it and everyone knows it why should he be embarrased. And why should Leafs have to suffer. No one could have known 2 years ago when it was going to happen. But it happens to everyone at some point. It would be ridiculous if he had to fake an injury or something like that.
Everyone knew that the 3rd year was going to be a problem. I was shocked he went for 3 years and not 2. Not sure what the leafs were doing but it messes everything up. 2 years would have been perfect. Resign extra year if need be at 2-3 M and give him extra 1M per year first 2 years would have been the right strategy. Their cap hit is Irrelevant these past 2 years as they are way below but now they have no where to go. Gardiner will be gone and so will kadri

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Egocock needs to play Hyman more. People here legit think he is important part of the team, we were way better while he was injured.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Everyone knew that the 3rd year was going to be a problem. I was shocked he went for 3 years and not 2. Not sure what the leafs were doing but it messes everything up. 2 years would have been perfect. Resign extra year if need be at 2-3 M and give him extra 1M per year first 2 years would have been the right strategy. Their cap hit is Irrelevant these past 2 years as they are way below but now they have no where to go. Gardiner will be gone and so will kadri
Every year of the deal was/is a problem

Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Not everyone knew it. Had quite a few discussions with folks who felt the Leafs could “easily” make sure the deal wasn’t a problem.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
pathetic effort --->>> AGAIN

no excuse for team to get outworked like that

MacKinnon didn't register even one point and Leafs surrendered 6 goals against

and soderberg with his first career hattrick

:shakehead
Well really 4 not 6, 2 of those 6 were empty netters, but I get your point.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
My dawg Tavvy played his worst game as a leaf tonight mayne. He was like -4 or something like that and din't do mucho deniro tonight in this thang. Even the awful mackinnon was better than him tonight sires. But we was aaight, we had chances in the dirty first. Nylander, :biglaugh: The man had like two chances in the dirty first and almost nothing after that. He was like git the dirt outta here mayne. He ain't like earning his moneys right now world. We not like having all that type of deniro all of us. Give me the money and I'll double quadrupble that dirt nylander. He's like a spoiled golden spoon brat right now. Play better and be better. Or else.

Our fool team will be better again next game, we that great. We have the money, the power and the personality. Now let's hit some, or trade some. We have to be better come playoff time and explode on them faces.

We can always count on you for perspective, sire.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Well that was disappointing.

We haven't lost 3 in a row yet and we aren't starting now.

We need a big game against *checks schedule* TAMPA aww crap.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
All I find myself really wanting this morning is to have a 4th line with Moore instead of Lindholm or Brown. Gives Babcock some talent to figure out how to break 7/9ths of their top 9 out of their slumps.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Where is the accountability for the 3rd and 4th lines? If those players aren’t putting in the effort, move Moore, Grundstrom, or Marchment up. They sure as heck are better options than Lindholm, Marleau, or Brown at this point. There is no fear of repercussions on this team from the coaching staff. I’m getting tired of hearing that some guys aren’t putting in the effort night in and night out.

We’re resting on the laurels of exceptional seasons from Marner Tavares Reilly and Andersen. Most of the rest have been an inconsistent bunch. Do something Babcock. Don’t just say the team has to work harder.

Reactions: Al14

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Well that was disappointing.

We haven't lost 3 in a row yet and we aren't starting now.

We need a big game against *checks schedule* TAMPA aww crap.
My fear is the Dave Nonis syndrome.
We beat Tampa 4-1 and everyone thinks everything is great.

Then come playoff time, the issues we’ve talked about still exist.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Jets fan coming tomorrow in peace.

I know a loss like this can feel disheartening but as an outsider I can say that your lineup is unbelievably ridiculously skilled and talented from top to bottom.

You will be a scary team to face in the playoffs and are a contender for many, many years. A loss like this is just an off night which happens to all teams in the world’s best league.

They have three skilled forwards and very few workhorse around them. And when the skill is tired or in a little funk, which happens to every team every year, they don’t have much to fall back on.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I got to admit

the guy is likeable and faces the music. Just wish he could defend.

Last night people were saying he was crying.....I accused him of being a snowflake. I take it back he stood there like a man...seemed pissed off

Reactions: TakeTheBody

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Where is the accountability for the 3rd and 4th lines? If those players aren’t putting in the effort, move Moore, Grundstrom, or Marchment up. They sure as heck are better options than Lindholm, Marleau, or Brown at this point. There is no fear of repercussions on this team from the coaching staff. I’m getting tired of hearing that some guys aren’t putting in the effort night in and night out.

We’re resting on the laurels of exceptional seasons from Marner Tavares Reilly and Andersen. Most of the rest have been an inconsistent bunch. Do something Babcock. Don’t just say the team has to work harder.

Yeah. Marleau should be scratched.
His stats reflect that.

Put moore on for some life. Another Marlie even.

There is a reason why MTL and Buffalo have caught right up...

They have youth livening things up, and we have Babcock giving Marleau royal treatment.

Unnaceptable on a team with a playoff berth

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Maybe heading to Florida is exactly what the Leafs need right now. Facing Tampa I would hope we bring our best effort of the season. Winning or losing doesn't mean as much to me in the next two games as effort does. Tampa is the best team in the league. They bring the effort we should nearly every night. Florida is ready to lie down, we can win there on effort alone with our talent. The Tampa game to me just might be a barometer to the rest of the season.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
This team is starting to remind me of the 2008 Senators, the Sens had an excellent start in Oct and Nov by scoring lots of goals, and came December, the poor defensive plays caught up and they stayed .500 for the rest of the season from that point on, and didn't win a single game in the playoffs.

There is one big difference between the Leafs and that Sens team though, the Sens went to the finals the previous year.

horner

May 22, 2007
Be sellers at the deadline

Gardner
Kadri
Zailsev
Marleau

Trade for a couple of physical defenceman ex. Gudas
Trade for a a physical forward ex. Ferland

In the defensive zone the opposition skates around with no fear of being hit .

In the offensive zone the opposition defencemen have no fear that they are going to get hit.

We don't wear anyone down physically.

We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs till we fix this I believe.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Last Night I Died - A poem by heybuddyhowyadoing

Last night I died
Last night I cried
Last night the Leafs were exposed in the worst way
And then I died

Last night I cried
Because the Leafs died
The possession stats were sublime
But Toronto was left sucking on a lime
Last night I died

Last night a point was awarded to The Bruins
And then I died
I thought I already cried
Because the season seems to have taken a turn
The Leafs might burn
The Trade Line is coming
They better trade for something something
Last night I died

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Gardner
Kadri
Zailsev
Marleau

Trade for a couple of physical defenceman ex. Gryba

In the offensive zone the opposition defencemen have no fear that they are going to get hit.

Gryba isn't the solution...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Gramps here. Why is that? I am going to bed now but why? If he can't play anymore and he knows it and everyone knows it why should he be embarrased. And why should Leafs have to suffer. No one could have known 2 years ago when it was going to happen. But it happens to everyone at some point. It would be ridiculous if he had to fake an injury or something like that.

The actual $$$ paid and the AAV cap hit are two different things.
The reason they don’t remove the AAV cap hit is to prevent teams from signing guys to long term knowing they are going to retire.

For eg., if Shea Weber retired today, the Preds because the signed his contract and not the Habs, would be on the hook for his cap hit.
It’s crazy, but it is the NHL

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Gardner
Kadri
Zailsev
Marleau

Trade for a couple of physical defenceman ex. Gryba

You want to sell at the deadline but then turn around and want to acquire rentals and pending UFAs.

And then the cherry on top you suggest acquiring Gryba as some sort of physical and defensive fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad