Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Personally, I go with pulling the goalie with about 1½ minutes when down by one, and about 2½ when down by two, always subject to controlling the puck.

I thought pulling him with three minutes left when only down one was too soon, but earlier pulls seem to be the latest trend.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Horachek was the master.
He was put in a terrible position, but I thought he did a pretty good job. He tried to instill some structure and responsible defensive play into the team, and the results pretty clearly showed who was willing/capable of it, and who wasn't. That certainly made it easier for Babcock and Lamoriello.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
His job was to tank and he did it masterfully.
The tank worked well, but I don't think that was Shanahan's only objective.

Putting Horachek and his structure first approach in when he did, may have saved Mike and Lou a year of teardown and rebuild, by showing which players to keep or move before that summer.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
As I told my son, watch the Sens beat Colorado 5-0 after looking like Stanley Cup contenders against our Leafs.

Well, it's 3-0 Sens as I post this!

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The mix isn't right to win a cup. The trend is a big, bad , mean nasty Washington team won. If we don't acknowledge that we are in big trouble. If the Leafs lose in the first round again, it will get "ugly" no what anyone says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->