Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Best thing about this loss is we can be feeling really good about the in 24 hours with a win against the hawks. We dominated them but got crap goaltending and some terrible individual defensive plays (brown's turnover, Oz getting walked). Win tomorrow. One thing is clear, ennis and marleau lack finish. They struggle to gain entry into the zone and rely on matthews to sustain pressure. Tavares needs to start forming chemistry with marner or we should look at switching the lines. Brown has no place in the top 9 switch him with kapanen please. Overall if we play at this level but fix some of the personnel in our line up (nylander to 1st line, kapanen to 3rd) I feel we will be able to win games where we dominate.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lol everyone jumping the bandwagon already. Jesus it’s only 2 games into the season....

Reactions: Budz22

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Our defensive structure is awful. Also, we need to teach our dmen how to skate and pass out of the zone. Hainsey might look good but backhanding the puck into the neutral zone isn't great.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
What was Freddys sv% tonight? I know at one point it was 66%. Not going to win (or even be competitive in) games with that kind of effort.

member 262271

Heh, I feel better after tonights loss for some reason.

Team was pretty good tonight except for a rookie playing his 2nd game and Anderson.
Yup, if you get hung up on the "BUT ITS THE SENS" argument you're going to be very angry and miserable as a hockey fan. It happens.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Andersen was awful tonight. He could not make a tough save. He really didn't make any save look easy tonight. Oz was pretty bad too.

Dermott and Marner were awesome tonight. Rielly had a great game too. The rest were pretty average. Matthews slowed down as the game went along.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
8 million dollar coach loses to a team that barely hits the salary cap floor. Mike babcock is a ducking clown with this love for brown, oz and Andersen is a joke, which is why I was adamant about keeping McElhinney.

All the pressure in the world on sparks tomorrow.

Have a good night fellas see y’all tomorrow.

Reactions: SI90

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Andersen Babcock Smith Oz Brown crapped the bed. Guys who should have been benched get ice and vice versa.

Reactions: Al14

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Time to change up the lines and get creative.

Brown and Hyman have done nothing and aren't nearly good enough to lock down positions on their current lines.

Babcock is a good coach but I really dislike his roster construction.
Time to change what? It’s been two freaking games.!!!!!

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
We completely outplayed them.

Shot attempts all situations (5v5 in brackets): 80-40 (66-35)

Scoring chances: 41-19 (32-17)

High danger chances: 14-6 (11-5)

All in favour of the Leafs.

Hate to blame one player, but Freddy lost us this game. Oh well, he'll also steal us games that we don't deserve to win (like Wednesday against the Habs).

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, I nailed the score in the prediction thread! I'm pissed! Reverse psychology my ass!

Reactions: SI90

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Better game than the last, goaltending wasn’t good and had a few bad breakdowns. Babcock needs to make a couple of lineup changes for tomorrow. Put Holl in over OZ and switch up Kap with Ennis to start.

Reactions: dsred

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
This team is not very exciting to watch. The PP is exciting, that's about it. 5on5 it's a gong show. In the last 2 games, so many missed passes, blind passes, and no emotion, no hitting, we are a weak team to play against, no one is afraid that Ennis is going to hit them, so other teams know they can take their time.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I dont get how they take these Russians D and stick them right in the NHL yet stick Dermott, Gards and the like in the minors to learn. I would rather see Holl up who has paid his dues before #92

Connor Brown and Leivo should be 4th liners. Kadri is getting screwed and oir offence is basicallg 2 lines and 2 scrub lines.

Kappy and AJ with Kadri is way more dangerous.

Please turn the calender to Nov so Andersen can be good again

Reactions: dsred and Koolboss

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Really think Nylander would help balance the offense .. Matthews looks on an island right now, and Marleau can't carry him. I do think Marleau would compliment a Matthews-Nylander combo though.

Also Brown with another meh game. Kadri could use a better offensive guy on his line.

AJ and Kapanen looked good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->