Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-3. We need a goalie Dubas

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Didn’t mean to trigger you. So sensitive

#Firedubas

Not triggered at all little man. Just sick and tired of the same old BS and the potatos blaming Dubas for not having a crystal ball to predict the future and a second one to rub and magically make other GMs fall over backwards to deal a backup to us.

"This games on Dubas" and other moronic cries will surely fill this thread posted by people who vaporize into thin air when the Leafs are winning.

Blaming the wrong people.
The refs completely muffed the game from start to finish. SK's anger at the end of the game and all the non calls/goal allowed should make it clear to anyone who doesnt have a clue that something was very wrong. Never seen Keefe get that mad behind the bench yet and ive watched every game hes coached the leafs.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Shanny better not make the same mistake with Dubas as he did with Babs. Fire him if we do not make the playoffs. Do not waste another season to find out it was a mistake to hire a rookie. Save yourself Shanny.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
In that situation the objective is to score a goal. You need to put your best offensive guys on the ice.There isn't one defensive player in the world barring something miraculous that could save you with an empty net if the opposing team gets a clean breakout with numbers.
Except the entire team's positioning is off. Most teams don't run 5f at 6 on 5.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not triggered at all little man. Just sick and tired of the same old BS and the potatos blaming Dubas for not having a crystal ball to predict the future and a second one to rub and magically make other GMs fall over backwards to deal a backup to us.

"This games on Dubas" and other moronic cries will surely fill this thread posted by people who vaporize into thin air when the Leafs are winning.

Blaming the wrong people.
The refs completely muffed the game from start to finish. SK's anger at the end of the game and all the non calls/goal allowed should make it clear to anyone who doesnt have a clue that something was very wrong. Never seen Keefe get that mad behind the bench yet and ive watched every game hes coached the leafs.
And why do you think Keefe is so frustrated? Could it have to do with the current goalie situation?

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We know the team has no defensive awareness, and I told you we’d be in trouble without Andersen bailing the crappy defence out.

The failure I’m afraid does lie with Dubas. He thought we could have defencemen who are below avg defensively (Barrie) and get away with it because we’d have puck possession. But he didn’t count on the giveaways or inexperience of the defence.

But his biggest failure is in thinking that Hutchinson is an NHL goalie. In fact, he’s an avg ECHL goalie. And please, get rid of the goalie coach. Andersen is regressing and Hutch isn’t progressing.

Leafsforever89

Apr 22, 2017
If you think Marner is paid to be a goal scorer that’s on you for being ignorant.
Listen. I realize that he is not an elite goal scorer but he is way off his pace of last year in goals. Marner has become lazy and makes too many mistakes out there. Maybe you need to watch him more closely instead of being a fanboy. He is being paid WAY too much . Dubas should be fired.

Reactions: MJK

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
You can watch it but he basically called him out for the 4th goal, which coaches usually to avoid doing.

That 4th goal was very hard to watch. It's a completely different game going into the 3rd down 1 goal...it was scored 34 seconds after Matthews scored...it's a back breaker...basically killed all momentum as it was scored late in the 2nd also.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Still in the mix and there's enough time, but dang we gotta start banking some wins!

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
For we do something now we're going to get rinsed

This team doesn't deserve to have assets spent on it

Either they sort it out themselves or we wait and sell if we're free falling

Maybe a long, hard summer of staring themselves in the mirror after missing the playoffs might not be a bad thing.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Love people still blaming Babcock when Dubas hasn't made one smart move since he took over. Oh, I guess you think he did when he got rid of Babs. He inherited a 105 point team and flushed it down the toilet. Keep singing his praises all the way to the draft choice he gave away.

Well some people take their full opinions from James Mirtle. Who is Kyle Dubas's BFF.

It's a joke that people take Mirtle and his platform seriously. It's just propaganda tool for Dubas.

Reactions: Polaris1010

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
softest team in the league bar none.

Our zone play is so weak defensively because there's no urgency or hesitation created for opposing forwards. They know they'll never get hit.

If they do get hit, they'll just beat the guy up that did it.
Yes, opponent forwards crash and demolish our frail defense. There must be a stat for high danger chances against and we must be 31st? We so need a Manson, a Dillon.

St.Louis defence is the prototype to follow; they are so big that no one can get near their net!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We have not put anyone in front the net and force one defenseman to cover him why!! We don’t have anyone that stands in there because its a style flaw. There needs to be some change on the wing. We actually need a couple power forwards with jam. I love crease battles, i miss them.

Don’t get mad everyone, I’m sure Dubas see’s what we need. Might not be able to get it this year but i hope so. Dermott broke Hutch’s concentration sliding the stick over in front of him too. WTF was that anyways. Go cover somebody. Fr!gging clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad