Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2 | What Is There To Even Say?

Do you think Andersen was at fault for either of Pittsburgh's goals in the 1st period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He should have stopped the second 1. The tipped 1. People talk about deflections being hard to stop, they are only hard to stop when they change direction. This goal changed elevation not direction. It went through him. He's a butterfly goalie, the mechanics make you drop to a butterfly and if a shot is chest high you use both gloves to trap the puck to your body. If it gets tipped it needs to be tipped in a way that goes to the open sides of the net. Being tipped straight down is supposed to make the puck go either on top of your pads, or hit your pads and you either create a rebound or you jump on the rebound.
Ok, that's a reasonable take.....not sure I agree but appreciate the response.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It was based off reading some posts in the GDT......it was a very specific question to a very specific situation. I know that is difficult for many to grasp, but I think enough of them got it.
Read some more posts. They really laying into Andersen now...even the reporters on Twitter.

Perhaps you should @ them with your questions too.

Feb 24, 2004
Benching the top guns and not pulling the goalie when down 3 with 5 minutes to go is Babcock-type stuff.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
tenor.gif

Leafs in the defensive zone....

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I shut it off when it was 4-0 and watched Simpsons reruns instead. This has been a hard season to watch.

Reactions: Cobra777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad