Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2 | What Is There To Even Say?

Do you think Andersen was at fault for either of Pittsburgh's goals in the 1st period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
No. Team just lacks any form of intensity.

They just look like they're ready for next season.

Marner looks suicidal every time they get scored on.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I can't believe you actually had to make a poll about this. Anyone who's blaming him for those goals is clearly just taking any opportunity to lambast him. Neither were his fault. In fact, practically no NHL goalie would stop those.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
As soon as I heard that guy was going to substitute for Malkin tonight, I knew he was going to score a goal or get a point or two. TOR didn't make it very hard for him to get on the board.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
He’s been weak since January asides from the Calgary game but please lmk if you think either of those goals were his fault so I can add you to my ignore list. There is no one of same mind that responds yes to this question

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I can't believe you actually had to make a poll about this. Anyone who's blaming him for those goals is clearly just taking any opportunity to lambast him. Neither were his fault. In fact, practically no NHL goalie would stop those.

I don't think he was at all. But after reading some of the nonsense in the GDT, I wanted to see badly the delusion was. Relieved to see it at 12 - 1 presently......maybe there is hope for us :laugh:

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
No idea. Never even turned the game on tonight. Knew I would be disappointed if I did, and I was right.

Time to ship out some bodies and get some assets back. This team needs a re-tooling in the worst way.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Hard to blame Freddy for the individual goals, but he really is a mess right now. He looks good until the first one goes in, average until the second one, then completely falls apart after the third. Considering just how atrocious our defense is (when did Justin Holl forget how to play hockey? Holy shit dude) those three are coming and we're getting embarrassed a lot.

Reactions: Big Shot

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I think the majority of this forum blames Andersen for this.

No point in arguing about it.

They always blame the goalie.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nah it was a premature poll.

.906 sv% is a problem...you need your starting goalie to make a save, fault or no fault.

It was based off reading some posts in the GDT......it was a very specific question to a very specific situation. I know that is difficult for many to grasp, but I think enough of them got it.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Should he have....in your opinion?
He should have stopped the second 1. The tipped 1. People talk about deflections being hard to stop, they are only hard to stop when they change direction. This goal changed elevation not direction. It went through him. He's a butterfly goalie, the mechanics make you drop to a butterfly and if a shot is chest high you use both gloves to trap the puck to your body. If it gets tipped it needs to be tipped in a way that goes to the open sides of the net. Being tipped straight down is supposed to make the puck go either on top of your pads, or hit your pads and you either create a rebound or you jump on the rebound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad