Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Marchand pinned Marner down at mid ice and made him look like his *****.

That and a PP weren't enough to inspire any effort from the top players so not sure where we go from here.

I guess you can hope it was exhaustion but I didn't see any heart from the leafs highest paid players against their biggest rival.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Nylander's play this year has been fine, but I'd like to see a deal around him and Josh Anderson. And then I'd like to see Keefe in for Babcock. Something has to give around here. This team is hard to watch this year

Reactions: Al14

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Not worried about the loss, but I am worried about the effort night in and night out.
Yeah. Theyre not falling behind in the standings yet. Theyve started flat. When they start firing on all cylinders, theyre deadly.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
It's the Muskoka 5 attitude rearing its ugly head again. For those of you old enough to remember it, it wasn't pretty.

Sheldon is licking his chops

Huh? The Muskoka 5 wanted to win and played with tons of heart. That’s why they were the Muskoka 5, they believed they could make the playoffs and go on a run so refused to be traded. This team now, has 10 times the talent the Muskoka 5 had. In the end, the M5 failed because they weren’t good enough not because of heart or drive.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
I’m not even comfortable with the idea that we walk into someone else’s arena with Marner as one of our supposedly best players. He’s a good point compiler but does he have any business sharing the ice getting paid more than the best in the game? Same comment applies to Matthews. When Moore, Kerfoot are outshining you every shift. There’s a problem.

Kerfoot doesn't have the PTSD from having the Bruins end your season in April the last two years. Moore is a bottom-6er without said pressure to carry this team offensively.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
When you ask to be paid like the best players in the league, you better play like it when you go head to head against the best.

Marner and Matthews were downright dominated and embarrassed. Boys vs men out there without a guy like Tavares to help them out.

Hope they learn from this. Otherwise we're in trouble.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
How exactly did Matthews get the billing as an elite drive train 200 foot guy when literally all he wants to do is curl and drag snipe?
I recall him being that player in his rookie season. This is the same guy that stripped a Norris defenseman in his first game and scored 4 goals. I also recall that game in the wcoh where he deked someone out when he was on his knees, made a nice pass and scored off the rebound.

He definitely hasn’t shown that kind of drive recently and I feel like it stems from a disconnect between him and the coaching staff

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
This is Dubas's creation. Babcock will be the fall guy, but this is all Dubas.
As much as I think a coaching shakeup is needed, cuz i think Babs has lost the room...I agree. This team isn't going to do any damage when the games matter...if they make it that far. And this buttersoft play is a Dubas' creation

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
F dubas, and while at it F Babs too.
Anyone think this team is gone make it to the PO or go past 1st round, is dreaming in technicolor.

Shanahan, grow a pair & get rid of this skill alone experiment already will ya, before all our players end up wearing disguises when walking the streets of T.O. ffs.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Matthews and Marner wanted more money than Tavares and in relation got more money (Marner a bit less AAV, but he also gave less term)...they should be carrying this team on their backs night in and night out...at least show up in games if not in the scoreboard.

100 percent agree but if we're going to bring up Matthews not deserving the captaincy its kind of a moot point because our captain's has had a listless start as well, I think a better take would be that there appear to be no leaders on this team whatsoever. All of our stars have been disappointing.

Reactions: Superstar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad