Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yeah. Theyre not falling behind in the standings yet. Theyve started flat. When they start firing on all cylinders, theyre deadly.
They've been a lazy team for almost a calendar year now. That's really concerning.

Said it a lot, I never thought id hate a team this good, but I do. Aside from JT, everyone of their core players is heavily flawed.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
We need to trade one Nylander, Matthews and Marner. Matthews can be much more dominant if he uses his size, but he doesn't. Marner and Nylander avoid contact at all cost. If your top players are sitting on their big paydays and not giving a full effort to win, this mentality will percolate to the rest of the team. It feels like most players on the team is playing for themselves, playing to get that payday by padding their stats.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Something is just wrong. You can see the players seem to just give up. Also there is no team defense, that’s due to coaching.

they need vets on the team, I am not talking about 35plus vets but vets in their late 20s and early 30s where they can still play. These kids(AM, MM, WN, KK and AJ) are all pretty clueless in terms of doing all the little things, maybe that’s why we all fall head over heels when Soup does those things.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I recall him being that player in his rookie season. This is the same guy that stripped a Norris defenseman in his first game and scored 4 goals. I also recall that game in the wcoh where he deked someone out when he was on his knees, made a nice pass and scored off the rebound.

He definitely hasn’t shown that kind of drive recently and I feel like it stems from a disconnect between him and the coaching staff

Absolutely.

nothing to do with getting paid.

a disconnect between him and the coaching staff.

definitely.

Reactions: frizzer1

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
As much as I think a coaching shakeup is needed, cuz i think Babs has lost the room...I agree. This team isn't going to do any damage when the games matter...if they make it that far. And this buttersoft play is a Dubas' creation

Our team has gotten owned in the corners for far too long. I miss Hyman.

Reactions: Nylander88

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Your a noted marner hater and no doubt he had a poor game but 11.634 has been ass for 4 of the 5 games now
I'm not. I am a big fan of him but when he plays like does, I call him out.
I support Matthews, Tavares, Nylander, Marner a lot. They are some of my favorites on the team.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
I can’t stand Marner. At least Matthews was great last night. Marner has been absolutely pathetic all year.

Rielly has been garbage too.

Imagine being a playmaking winger who had ONE elite offensive season playing at EV with a 40-goal scorer as his Center, and another elite goal scorer on the 1st unit PP.

Then imagine that player getting roughly 11 million dollars on his RFA contract. LOL.

**** Dubas and **** Paul Marner.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
next time you try to point out what you think to be a spelling mistake at least take the time to confirm it. trotte is a legit spelling genius.

I wasn’t pointing out a spelling mistake, I was highlighting the part of the post I was responding to.

The Washington Generals were the team the Harlem Globetrotters used to make a mockery of.

Next time you don’t understand a joke/ pun, don’t let it hurt your fragile ego, just shut the f*** up!

Thanks!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
When you ask to be paid like the best players in the league, you better play like it when you go head to head against the best.

Marner and Matthews were downright dominated and embarrassed. Boys vs men out there without a guy like Tavares to help them out.

Hope they learn from this. Otherwise we're in trouble.
You wonder if there pride will kick in at any point. It's not a results issue, they aren't even competing.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs are way behind the a bunch of teams in points percentage.

They may have just set themselves up for a long uphill season.

not good.

Reactions: saffronleaf

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
Here's something , for all those complaining that Hyman was a plug...we have got Marner and Matthews on a line and where's all the goals?? I don't know what is going on with this team right now. I can say that they have no clue what an outlet pass is or at least how to execute one. for those complaining about Hutch's puck handling. Andersen is no better. Last night he also let in 2 crappy goals. Reilly looks terrible. Marner isn't in the game at all. And as for Barrie, I haven't noticed him in the last 3 games.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I'm concerned about Matthews. Not his scoring, He's prolific. Tonight he seemed mentally out of it. He was called out for shifts being too long last night and it seemed tonight he was constantly waving to the bench for a shift change. Is he trying to make Babcock look bad?Babcock doesn't need help there. Matthews defensive effort this year has been flat out poor. Something is off with this team. Hopefully it works itself out.

We already know by his antics in May that he's not a very mature kid, so I wouldn't be surprised. He's the #1 overall pick, he got his money, even a NMC in his 5th year...what's Babcock going to do to him?

Reactions: supermann_98

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I recall him being that player in his rookie season. This is the same guy that stripped a Norris defenseman in his first game and scored 4 goals. I also recall that game in the wcoh where he deked someone out when he was on his knees, made a nice pass and scored off the rebound.

He definitely hasn’t shown that kind of drive recently and I feel like it stems from a disconnect between him and the coaching staff

Looks like he decided to become Phil Kessel. “I just score goals here.”

Reactions: Ports and StevenB

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
I wasn’t pointing out a spelling mistake, I was highlighting the part of the post I was responding to.

The Washington Generals were the team the Harlem Globetrotters used to make a mockery of.

Next time you don’t understand a joke/ pun, don’t let it hurt your fragile ego, just shut the **** up!

Thanks!

we're all pissed off around here my bad.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I'm concerned about Matthews. Not his scoring, He's prolific. Tonight he seemed mentally out of it. He was called out for shifts being too long last night and it seemed tonight he was constantly waving to the bench for a shift change. Is he trying to make Babcock look bad?Babcock doesn't need help there. Matthews defensive effort this year has been flat out poor. Something is off with this team. Hopefully it works itself out.
I read today was his court date, remotely or his lawyer represented him. Either way, no excuse for a professional player who had designs on being named the captain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad