Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I mean Tavares has sucked this year too but he's a nearly 30 year old Canadian so "hunger" and "drive" are never questioned. I've been incredibly disappointed by Matthews this year but I don't see "hunger" out of any of our top players, the entire "leadership" core of Marner, Rielly and even Tavares included.

Matthews and Marner wanted more money than Tavares and in relation got more money (Marner a bit less AAV, but he also gave less term)...they should be carrying this team on their backs night in and night out...at least show up in games if not in the scoreboard.

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
No urgency what so ever in the final period. Get the **** off of my TV screen with this BS.

And this is NOT on the coach. Players need to have some dignity.
They gave up on him man... This is the coach. They never start on time... They still take too many penalties... They don't defend... they don't play. These are all coachable things. It's not a skill deficit. Honestly, I am a huge Babcock fan but he needs to go. This team doesn't believe in him. They are done with him and it's been obvious since last year mid year.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Whatever. Im not worried about thisbone at all.

Playing a rested bruins team on the second night of a back to back game night, with Cantsave Muchison in net.

To be expected. They kept it close.
Not worried about the loss, but I am worried about the effort night in and night out.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
So when was Matthews court date? I know it was sometime around now.

I suspect he's got his mind elsewhere.

As does Mitch who lost a friend a couple days ago.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Leafs motto this year

giphy.gif

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
This is Dubas's creation. Babcock will be the fall guy, but this is all Dubas.

Dubas knows his book is being written.

Babcock will go down as a great coach. Regardless of what this fanbase says.

Dubas will go down...well....maybe he'll get better. At least we are all part of his learning curve.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Whatever. Im not worried about thisbone at all.

Playing a rested bruins team on the second night of a back to back game night, with Cantsave Muchison in net.

To be expected. They kept it close.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I just can't see Babcock last the entire season. This reminds me of when Randy Carlyle got fired. He spent weeks facing the media with no answers while the team kept imploding game after game. Well, same issues game after game here and Mike has said everything he can. He's yelled at them, he's tried playing nice.

They've tuned him out. It's time for the change
Sounds like it to me.

Good luck to the next guy. He probably won't last either.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Could have been much much worse. Stunk the joint out D was awful, Muzzin was ok, all but the Kerfoot line MIA and Kerfoot made a couple of really bad turnovers. Lucky to get a two goal loss
Kerfoots line had the only ESG and scored on the PP.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Why do the Leafs not hit Pasternak, Marchand and Bergeron?
Opportunity after opportunity is given up to chase the puck rather than finishing a check with authority and taking him out of the play.

Reactions: Al14

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Only in relation to other LEAF players.

Pastrnak makes 6.6, for perspective. Signed after scoring at a 37 goal/78 point pace (compared to Nylanders final year of (lol) 20 goals/60 points).
Pastrnak signed for a higher cap hit % than nylander; this rhetoric has been beaten to death and a pgt isn’t the place for it, especially one where nylander was one of the better players on the ice

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This game was easily winnable, that’s what makes it frustrating.

Those first two goals need to be stopped, no question about it.

Hutch played fine otherwise but with those goals and the worst showing of all time from Matthews and Marner and it’s enough to lose.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I'm concerned about Matthews. Not his scoring, He's prolific. Tonight he seemed mentally out of it. He was called out for shifts being too long last night and it seemed tonight he was constantly waving to the bench for a shift change. Is he trying to make Babcock look bad?Babcock doesn't need help there. Matthews defensive effort this year has been flat out poor. Something is off with this team. Hopefully it works itself out.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can’t believe how bad we looked. Barrie better start putting up some points because he’s a total liability defensively to date. Easily the worst D man tonight....

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
So far this season I’m just glad I’ve reddited the local broadcasts vs paying for nhl live with the effort these clowns have put forth.

Reactions: ToneDog

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
#CockOut4Keefe

Keefe? hell even bowman ain't gonna fix the "entitled" players who don't put effort and play body

this team is led by a f***ing woke millenial who wouldn't know what hockey is if it sat on his face giving out ridiculous contracts and then you have these entitled players who can't get shit done on the ice

and on top of that you have ego maniac coach who thinks his poop doesn't stink

absolute JOKE!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I really don't like to pass blame on one person for the game, but I a moving towards the fire Babcock group. Our best players haven't been good this year, perhaps it is coaching. I still don't think Babcock is a a bad coach though he has just ended his shelf life with this group.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
How exactly did Matthews get the billing as an elite drive train 200 foot guy when literally all he wants to do is curl and drag snipe?
He was getting compared to Kopitar and Benn pre-draft. His coach never put any defensive responsibility in his head and so he's all offense, no defense now

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I’m not even comfortable with the idea that we walk into someone else’s arena with Marner as one of our supposedly best players. He’s a good point compiler but does he have any business sharing the ice getting paid more than the best in the game? Same comment applies to Matthews. When Moore, Kerfoot are outshining you every shift. There’s a problem.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
It's the Muskoka 5 attitude rearing its ugly head again. For those of you old enough to remember it, it wasn't pretty.

Sheldon is licking his chops

I wasn't a Leafs fan back then so, shameless to say, I used to laugh my ass off during those days at JFJ and Fletcher. The 2008 trade deadline was a comedy gold mine.

Now this just feels ****ing awful. **** Dubas, **** Babcock and **** Marner.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Leafs have now lost more games than they’ve won. How close are we to free fall?

If they can’t change themselves completely they’re going to have to claw their way into a playoff position. Not the spot you want to be in.
Something about an 18-wheeler and a cliff....

Humm, where have I heard that? Lol

Reactions: MoreMogilny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->