Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-2 to the rangers in Shootout, steals a point.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 3m
Asked if he was surprised to get a chance in the shootout, Grabovski replied: "Not really. Are you surprised?"

jazzibabe67

Oct 14, 2010
although i took off from the game to drink some beers to watch the final hour with some non-hockey fanatics...games are still alive i hope...gee whiz...

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I ain't even mad. 3/4 points.

unflappable.gif

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I think RC should try to put kulie-grabo-mac together again.

They've had time apart which is good. Kulie is beasting and has broken out of his slump from last year. Grabo has some fire right now. It has worked tremendously before so there's really no harm in trying that one last time to see if they can resurrect that. Better than grabo on the fourth line.

Or maybe its just because I just watched allof kulie, mac, and grabo's goals from the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons and their chemistry was out of this world amazing :laugh: I want to see that again.

Old KGM line, our first line beasting, and if kadri gets it going again, our offense would be ridiculous!

I'd wait till lupul was back but I wouldnt be against it.

JVR -Bozak-Kessel
Lupul -Kadri-Mcclement
KGM
Orr Hamilton McClaren

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
To be fair, RC has been consistent, if you earn your ice time, he rewards you. Grabo has earned nothing this year, he is there of his own mediocre play. The guy is making 5.5M per, show some pride man.

I fully agree with this. Good thing that 5.5M price tag does not guarantee playing time as it was too often before. Grabo is not better than other centers, so he finds himself down on dept chart and with cut ice time. Play better and climb back...

SteveV*

Nice to see one of the top ten assist leaders get a couple, this Kessel guy isn't just an elite playmaker.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 4m
Reimer on another shootout loss: 'Hey, like I said, it's there for the fans & they're pretty pumped up & that's what it's all about.'

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 3m
RT @NYDNRangers Torts, extra meaning to this shootout win?: 'S*** yea, a point. At this time of year, yeah, it’s a huge 2nd point for us.'

SteveV*

Anything more hilarious than obsessive Grabo bashing on a night the coach says he played well let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Grabo reminds me of that famous adage....crack the whip on a donkey, it gets more obstinate, crack the whip on a thoroughbred, it'll run faster. Grabo is an ass.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 2m
Bozak "I remember looking up in 2nd & seeing we had 16 (shots) & 3rd I looked up & it was still 16. I was thinking, 'Are they screwing up?'"

this one made me laugh. I think honestly if I were in a game and I saw that it wasn't changing at all, i'd be wondering that too.
But no, Tyler m'boy. wasn't screwing up at all.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 3m
Asked if he was surprised to get a chance in the shootout, Grabovski replied: "Not really. Are you surprised?"

heeee.

thunderhawk905*

Definitely lucky at the end to come out with a point, all Reimer on that one in my opinion. I was confident we could get 3/4 pts out of these two games and we did just that, really happy about the way we've been playing!

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Another pathetic shootout. This time, Kadri and Bozak didn't even shoot. Looked like they went halfway with the puck, then just lost all hope and gave up. I didn't even watch Grabovski's, by then I'd changed the channel.

Also, way to show your weakness and your lack of desire to win, Dion. I mean who holds the puck behind their net when there's 11 seconds left to go in the third.

Leafs really need to work on their shootouts. No skill at all...

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Another pathetic shootout. This time, Kadri and Bozak didn't even shoot. Looked like they went halfway with the puck, then just lost all hope and gave up. I didn't even watch Grabovski's, by then I'd changed the channel.

Also, way to show your weakness and your lack of desire to win, Dion. I mean who holds the puck behind their net when there's 11 seconds left to go in the third.

Leafs really need to work on their shootouts. No skill at all...

Pretty much any team that needs at least a point and that's going to try the 2nd point in overtime. 10 seconds. Most people wouldn't risk a turnover and a goal against that late.. come on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad