Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-2, special teams SUCKS again

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yup it's his fault that a power play he doesn't play on forgot how to score. Come to think of it, it started snowing a lot right around the time he came back too, I'm pretty sure he has something to do with that as well. Trade this bum before I have to shovel again.
Post of the month:laugh:

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
A L on the board due to a Wilson hit + Wilson breakaway.

This is a sad week for us lol.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Gardiner went full panic mode. Probly leaked in his pants too. Prime example how players fear Wilson.

One tough guy don't change a thing. It's this softness culture and those who embrace it what bugs me. Seems that in Leafs if you're skilled and fast it's acceptable to be also gutless and lazy. Damn you can and you should embrace skill with bite, because those teams exist! And those teams will eat this paper tiger of team alive in playoffs.

horner

May 22, 2007
Showing up and working hard consistently is actually a thing.
This team has a horrible habit of only playing hard in spurts and usually when they get behind.
We badly need a little more physicality/intensity in the lineup and until we can play more consistent intense hockey we're basically pretenders.
Yep

horner

May 22, 2007
People that say Mathews is ahead of both players .
Look a little silly.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
We’re a BAD team with a ton of GOOD players.

Usually that that only happens if you have a terrible coach who can’t create chemistry and build proper lines with structure. Thanks Egocock!

Reactions: hudster

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Man, Gardiner has to be one of the most brain dead players I’ve ever seen. 10 seconds left, he’d rather shoot it from his own end and miss the net than even try for an outlet pass.

I wouldn’t hesitate trading him. We’re probably a better team without him in the lineup.​
Trade him for the highest offer available and plug in Ozi and I bet we’re better.

Ozi was just becoming a solid option and hitting his stride prior to the Muzzin trade. Despite this and despite our crap play since he’s been benched ever since.

Zero accountability by our coach

Reactions: Mork

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Lol the hate for dubas is hilarious. It's not his fault Babcock likes to not use an optimal line up. Where are all of tampas tough players? I bet if we had tampas team there would still be people complaining that we don't have enough grit.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Lol the hate for dubas is hilarious. It's not his fault Babcock likes to not use an optimal line up. Where are all of tampas tough players? I bet if we had tampas team there would still be people complaining that we don't have enough grit.

LOL "not optimal", fastest Leaf team to 36 wins in the club history... but it's not optimal. If you say so.

Where is Tampa's tough guys? The team that has 3 players with more points than our highest point guy? They are ahead of us where in the standings where they belong ...

The rest is not directed at you Peasy

I remember the talk at the beginning of the year, Toronto will break scoring records, they will be neck and neck with Tampa, Greatest power play of all time, Austin will score 50 ... so many opinions that were so out of whack with what this team really would be.

I honestly think a lot of Leaf fans think that our team is better than it is ... it's probably time to get real and realize this team is in group of a bunch of other teams that are good but not elite. Each time we lose its Dubas sucks or Babcock sucks or Jake sucks or someone sucks... maybe it's not that someone sucks but we just aren't that great of a team.

Being a Leaf fan can be such a toxic thing, there is so much negativity in this fan base. I guess all I'm saying is enjoy this team for what it is, rather than hate on personnel on this team because they don't reach your unrealistic expectations. You have an opinion, great but if its being nasty and tearing someone down, why share it? Five to seven years will pass by and before you know it we will be picking in the lottery again, wishing for the good old days when Andersen stood on his head almost every night, magic Mitch was doing his thing, Austin was sniping corners.

Leaf fans, we just aren't an elite team, yet. We will probably end up somewhere in the 98 to 105 points category, Which puts us right smack dab in the middle of a bunch of other really good teams, We are good but not elite.

For me what is disappointing is not the teams performance but some of the fans immature reactions.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
LOL "not optimal", fastest Leaf team to 36 wins in the club history... but it's not optimal. If you say so.

Where is Tampa's tough guys? The team that has 3 players with more points than our highest point guy? They are ahead of us where in the standings where they belong ...
Did you see what happened when Marleau finally got switched with Johnsson?

This is what I mean by optimal.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We’re a BAD team with a ton of GOOD players.

Usually that that only happens if you have a terrible coach who can’t create chemistry and build proper lines with structure. Thanks Egocock!

Poorly constructed. There are good players but still only two players in th3 top 30 in scoring and none in the top 10. That doesn’t scream elite to me.
Now will they have 3 of the top 5 highest paid players?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We need to come down to earth. The Leafs are just a average team . It is what it is .

The media hyped everything early....October and November...Freddy was the Vezina winner, Mathews will score 60, Marner 120 points and in the Hart race, Rielly will win the Norris .....Now.....no major awards and the question today is can they somehow secure hone ice or will they be third in the Atlantic or will they get a WC spot?

Reactions: Thervguy

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Babcock needs to be fired asap. This guy can't coach to win, the only thing he is good at is getting more work done from garbage players like Hyman.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010

The rest is not directed at you Peasy

I remember the talk at the beginning of the year, Toronto will break scoring records, they will be neck and neck with Tampa, Greatest power play of all time, Austin will score 50 ... so many opinions that were so out of whack with what this team really would be.

I honestly think a lot of Leaf fans think that our team is better than it is ... it's probably time to get real and realize this team is in group of a bunch of other teams that are good but not elite. Each time we lose its Dubas sucks or Babcock sucks or Jake sucks or someone sucks... maybe it's not that someone sucks but we just aren't that great of a team.

Being a Leaf fan can be such a toxic thing, there is so much negativity in this fan base. I guess all I'm saying is enjoy this team for what it is, rather than hate on personnel on this team because they don't reach your unrealistic expectations. You have an opinion, great but if its being nasty and tearing someone down, why share it? Five to seven years will pass by and before you know it we will be picking in the lottery again, wishing for the good old days when Andersen stood on his head almost every night, magic Mitch was doing his thing, Austin was sniping corners.

Leaf fans, we just aren't an elite team, yet. We will probably end up somewhere in the 98 to 105 points category, Which puts us right smack dab in the middle of a bunch of other really good teams, We are good but not elite.

For me what is disappointing is not the teams performance but some of the fans immature reactions.
I completely agree.

That being said, this team could get hot in the playoffs and take us for a ride, but realistically, there are other good teams as well, and we should enjoy this for what it is. Pretty great hockey most nights with lots of skill plays by our boys.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Really? Paquette Gourde Miller even Stamkos and Kucherov play with a little zest. They also have that other big 220 lb American born winger.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
7 points ahead of 9th place in conference now (and Columbus with a game in hand). For the first time this season I see missing the playoffs as a real possibility. These guys better get their heads out of their asses quick.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I've been talking about Babcock's overly cautious nature being my biggest issue with him, and he just provided a perfect example why. After a first period where the third line was absolutely dominating, he moved Marleau onto that line. He makes a change to get a small improvement in handling the few chances that line got against, even if it comes with a drastic deterioration of our chances to score on our many chances for. Our best line in the first turned into one where nothing happened unless Willy did it all.

It's amazing to me that people drool over trying to copy teams like St Louis instead of the most dominant team in the last decade.

Reactions: Nifty Willy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad