Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-2, special teams SUCKS again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
If this team could combine its elite skill with a strong forecheck and PP, we'd be unstoppable. Not sure why they can't seem to sustain a forecheck as it seems like we should have the horses for it. Same goes for the PP.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It is his fault he overpays.
None of the contracts he has signed has stopped the team from acquiring or giving up players.

So why is he to blame? He brought in a #1 C, and a top 4 d man but for some reason he is to blame? Right. Guess we should have let Nylander sit for the year.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
None of the contracts he has signed has stopped the team from acquiring or giving up players.

So why is he to blame? He brought in a #1 C, and a top 4 d man but for some reason he is to blame? Right. Guess we should have let Nylander sit for the year.

A GM who overpays is fine ? In the cap era ? A short 5 year deal with Matthews ?

Tavares landed in his lap.

The max contract i was offering Nylander (20 goals with Matthews, perimeter player, questionable in playoffs) was a 3 year bridge.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
As much as Babs preaches about "playing the right way" His team have been weak defensively ever since Lidsrtom retired. Babs has won one play off round since Nick retired 7 or 8 years ago.

He will do as a coach. But he aint the legend he thinks he is.

But it is about time he wins another round.
Needs to win 2 rounds but that division is very difficult to get out of. I think a first round exit will put the spotlight on Babs,even if it is obvious the players don't have what it takes yet!

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Needs to win 2 rounds but that division is very difficult to get out of. I think a first round exit will put the spotlight on Babs,even if it is obvious the players don't have what it takes yet!

This is the last time Babcock can afford to get bounced in the first round. If we are one-and-done four years in a row, I don't think you can stick with him.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
This is the last time Babcock can afford to get bounced in the first round. If we are one-and-done four years in a row, I don't think you can stick with him.
I certainly wouldn't,but he is owed large and Shanny hand picked him,which might be the biggest hurdle. i am the first to criticize Babs,but I would truly love to see him win here.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Its OK, this is just how seasons go. Peaks and valleys. Lets hope they heat up in March and through the playoffs.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
win or lose in the first round....Babcock has a long rope and lots of time in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad