Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Vasilevski is better than Freddie. Head to head, they need to be at least equal in net to the Bolts to win a series. Still, 30 shots and 1 goal to show for it isn't enough. JT and AM this is your time. I don't care to much about the regular season. I doubt tonight's loss has any bearing on game 1 of the playoffs, and really 2-1 vs Tampa and out shooting them isn't a bad sign. They have failed to show up a number of nights recently, but this isn't one of them.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
My best friend Gord Stellick, didn't have free rein. I actually think this Dubas kid does have free rein, and its ugly to watch.

Problem with him versus Steve Yzerman is that Dubas never played the game at a high level.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I made the suggestion earlier to get him to center the third line a little while ago. With Kadri out and seeing how that line played, I take it back.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Moore-GOAT-Ennis

That should be our line going into the playoffs. Try and limit the 4th line to 8 mins max
Most of the so called smart poster wanted Kadri traded and replace him with Nylander... what a joke

Reactions: Sweet Leaf

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
just watched the pre=game presser Babs basically said what everyone is thinking and saying how tampa has done well developing and manageing the "CAP"

do you think dubas has done that? dubas has effed us big time; when marner signs there are going to be roster moves to accommodate his contract now; when marner could have been signed for 8 to 8.5 AAV in the summer; he overpaid nylander and signed matthews to a substantially large contract for only a 5 year term and he chose a soft back up goalie risking the season in case freddie was injured

dubas has made plenty of stupid and dumbass decisions

p.s. matthews could have been signed for 12x8 in the summer as well according to reports out there

Babs isn't waiting....does he know his horses are lame?

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
Since I missed the game and only saw the score, I came here to the post-game thread to get a feeling of how they played. After skimming 4-5 pages, it seems I somehow ended up in the Babcock versus Dubas thread instead.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Positive: Kasperi has looked on the last few games. He looks ready to have a good playoffs.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
so they are 20-22 in 2019.

I guess this is just another good old-fashioned late season Leafs collapse

We'e seen this movie many, many times before

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Game seemed so much slower than the last 3. Maybe it was just me but it looked like both teams were skating through molasses with a few exceptions here and there.

Just glad both teams got in and out healthy.

That Marner kid is a gem, boys.

GL against Boston.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Sure, but I’d be happy if this team was winning.

This team has been bad as any Burke era team since December, despite 10x the talent. Don’t understand why any Leaf fan can be happy with that.
The Ls only really started to happen the past three weeks.
ESP after the Muzzin trade. I think at one point it was 12-4-3.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
it is pretty suspicious that this collapse started the day he was signed
lmao

our issues have been masked by god-like goaltending and timely scoring.

Make no mistake about it, this is what the team is. Thank god Tavares came here, because if he didn't we're looking at golfing in April and the Habs in 3rd place. I'm not sure if people realize just how pathetic this team is.

Reactions: mikeyz and ToMaLe

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Man this team was heading in the right direction for the first time ever and one horrible move in signing dubas by shanny and the team is f***ed for the foreseeable future due to cap. I'm with the fire dubas camp.
A 20 goal scorer at 7 million is not a deal and matthews got overpaid. Marner could of been signed during the offseason just like everyone wanted it to but no dubas only gives out massive constracts so get ready for marner to get overpaid and the funny thing is he kinda deserves it unlike matthews and nylander

GuthrieGovan

Feb 26, 2018
It was a good game, what I saw of it.

The fact that we held the best team in the league to a 1-1 game for most of regulation and Andersen only allowed 2 goals off 29 shots shows we're back better than ever.

It may have been a loss, but our compete level, our defense, our goal tending, we're ready for the playoffs baby.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Man this team was heading in the right direction for the first time ever and one horrible move in signing dubas by shanny and the team is ****ed for the foreseeable future due to cap. I'm with the fire dubas camp.
A 20 goal scorer at 7 million is not a deal and matthews got overpaid. Marner could of been signed during the offseason just like everyone wanted it to but no dubas only gives out massive constracts so get ready for marner to get overpaid and the funny thing is he kinda deserves it unlike matthews and nylander

You meant to say "A 6 goal scorer at 7 million"

Nylander is a complete and utter bust, the guy won't even come out of the dressing room after a game to face the media unless he scored one of his 6 goals or an assist.......

hope they can find a way to ship him out of here... he totally hoodwinked the entire team with his holdout... shame on them, they should have seen it coming, especially when his dad pulled this exact same stunt....

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My best friend Gord Stellick, didn't have free rein. I actually think this Dubas kid does have free rein, and its ugly to watch.

Problem with him versus Steve Yzerman is that Dubas never played the game at a high level.

If Dubas continues stocking up on the present day equivalent of Simon Gamache over the next few years I'll agree. Yzerman added a lot of toughness and grit to the Lightning before he stepped down, and the Red Wings he played on had no shortage of grit, muscle and power. Our president Brendan Shanahan being an example.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
it is pretty suspicious that this collapse started the day he was signed

Weird conspiracy to persist with. For at least half that time, Nylander has been playing absolutely great. The Leafs rode part of the season where they were playing incredibly well offensively and were being carried by how well Rielly was playing and how much better the bottom pairing options were with Dermott dominating that usage. Injuries+ Babcock being Babcock and pretending that his system fits this team is why this team played like garbage. If this team had optimal coaching and optimal line choices, this team competes for a President's trophy.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Weird conspiracy to persist with. For at least half that time, Nylander has been playing absolutely great. The Leafs rode part of the season where they were playing incredibly well offensively and were being carried by how well Rielly was playing and how much better the bottom pairing options were with Dermott dominating that usage. Injuries+ Babcock being Babcock and pretending that his system fits this team is why this team played like garbage. If this team had optimal coaching and optimal line choices, this team competes for a President's trophy.

Weird conspiracy to persist with. Pretending that Babcock's system fits this team and all.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I am not sure what will happen these playoffs, and with a healthy roster again I hope we can put it together.

What I do feel is that JT is going to go god mode and be a monster against the Bruins, that will be fun to see.

Reactions: Number34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad