Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 0:2 TBay

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Good goalies force you to pick corners, vesa has been more than good lately.

To me that wasn’t the most disappointing moment, it was Bozak carrying the puck and losing it to tampa guys all night while JVR just skating without being engaged was the most disappoint moments.

The refs calling phantom penalties on us also didn’t help while not calling hooking and interference on Tampa.

Both Willy and Matthews and to some extent Hyman were hooked and interfered but the A1 ass of a ref didn’t call all legit penalties on Tampa.

We are now 1-12 whenever that guy refs our games.

Its clearly not an outlier with the stats being so lopsided

We're 1-13 with him if I'm not mistaken.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
The way I see it when Bozak/JVR were in a funk Naz was scoring. Now that he is in a funk someone else alias to step up.

Can’t ecpect the same guys going all the time. Matthews gets shutdown, Kadri in a funk what is Bozak line’s excuse?

Heck Martin played like 5 mins yesterday what if Leivo/Kappy played instead; we would have had another offensive option.

So when Matthews and Kadri line are quiet at least there are other two lines that can go offensively.

It seriously ticks me off how asset management is being handled by Leafs brass and then the roster choices and line ups are decided because of the asset management.

This is why a guy like Matt Martin should not be in the lineup every game. He is the complete opposite of an offensive threat, does not kill penalties, and is a liability in the defensive zone (his line was stuck out there vs. Stamkos a few times...it was ugly). So...what does he bring to the table? Why handcuff yourself against a skilled, deep team like Tampa? A guy like KK would have been very useful

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad