Friedman: Leafs looking for "creative" ways to sign Dougie Hamilton

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you get Hamilton, that probably means Rielly and another piece are moved. With Seattle taking a center, Leafs need Kerfoot, unless they have somebody to take that spot or sign for around league min.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Sign Hamilton to around 7.5M and trading Rielly + Engvall would net out the cap roughly. I don't see anyway Rielly stays on the Leafs in this scenario

Muzzin-Holl
Brodie-Hamilton
Sandin-Dermott/FA
Liljegren
If Dougie is willing to sign for $7.5m, he'll do it with the Canes so he could do it for 8 years instead of 7

Reactions: Tryamw

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Pretty sure Friedman doesn't give two shi%$ about HF Boards.
Woooosh! Are you ever out to lunch.

HE most definitely does. He cares about his clicks. HF gives him more clicks. People see it here and go to Twitter/podcast etc. The more discussion that happens here helps to generate more replies on his Twitter and more podcast downloads he gets because people want to know what he is saying. The more you see his name on any media site the more important he is, the more people look for his information. Think of this as a Friedman ad that is going directly to his target demographic.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I hear Dubas will use hypnosis to get the deal done for $5m x 5 years

maxresdefault.jpg

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Arizona would actually be retaining though. $3 million X 8 years. What is that worth to you, seeing as a 2nd is what he asks of Holland and a 1st is what was asked of him in the Marleau trade. That's worth at minimum a pair of 1sts +.
Proof?!

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Not sure, when Gretzky wanted to play in Toronto he was getting offers from other team of 8M, he told Toronto he would take 4M and make up the rest from endorsements. And when Stamkos took an interview it was reported he was told about an endorsement portfolio worth about 4M.

Not sure how much of an impact that would have on a player’s decision, but it can be a good chunk of change.
Yeah?

You guys remember this show?

Best show EVERRRRRR

Tell Hamilton that he can be the 4th wheel in the new Toronto-based Pro-Stars cartoon with Matthews, Marner, and Tavares.

Reactions: YP44

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
It would actually be super smart for them to trade Marner for a futures heavy package and used the saved money to throw a big offer at Hamilton. I'm just skeptical that the Leafs could do that with Marner.

You are 100% not getting Hamilton for only $6.5 million a year.

Try $9 million a year.

Marner may even clear waivers. His contract is awful. I bet they could get something, but it isn't going to bring much value back. It'll just be shedding salary. Better to think of it is as a Marner for Hamilton "trade"

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Again. Freidman said it in passing that Toronto looked into it.

he then went on and talked about jersey. He has predicted Hamilton to NJ.

I don’t know why this is still being discussed like Toronto is a favourite.

other than you know proving the point of why “clickbait” Toronto mentions are valid.

Because people have an obsession with Toronto. It's just other fans that can't help themselves from talking about the Leafs

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Not sure, when Gretzky wanted to play in Toronto he was getting offers from other team of 8M, he told Toronto he would take 4M and make up the rest from endorsements. And when Stamkos took an interview it was reported he was told about an endorsement portfolio worth about 4M.

Not sure how much of an impact that would have on a player’s decision, but it can be a good chunk of change.

That doesn't keep the agents happy. If the agents aren't happy the weak GMs and entitled players will be unhappy too. A lot has changed since the Gretzky days. I wish we could turn back the clock and start again.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Woooosh! Are you ever out to lunch.

HE most definitely does. He cares about his clicks. HF gives him more clicks. People see it here and go to Twitter/podcast etc. The more discussion that happens here helps to generate more replies on his Twitter and more podcast downloads he gets because people want to know what he is saying. The more you see his name on any media site the more important he is, the more people look for his information. Think of this as a Friedman ad that is going directly to his target demographic.
Spoken like a true TO fan lol. Get over yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad