Friedman: Leafs looking for "creative" ways to sign Dougie Hamilton

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Now right off the bat I'm not sure what that means, I assume it means front loading the hell out of that contract.

I have to say I love Dougie Hamilton and if they somehow pulled it off you wouldn't hear a word of complaint out of me because Rielly, Hamilton, Muzzin, Brodie would be as gooc a top 4 as you'd find outside of Tampa.

That being said this team has holes to fill up front.

So if they are going to try this, do it with Granlund or Landeskog, do it with a forward because you need forwards they are thin up front

Reactions: Kurtz

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Now right off the bat I'm not sure what that means, I assume it means front loading the hell out of that contract.

I have to say I love Dougie Hamilton and if they somehow pulled it off you wouldn't hear a word of complaint out of me because Rielly, Hamilton, Muzzin, Brodie would be as gooc a top 4 as you'd find outside of Tampa.

That being said this team has holes to fill up front.

So if they are going to try this, do it with Granlund or Landeskog, do it with a forward because you need forwards they are thin up front

Man, Dubas really doesn't get why his team keeps losing in the playoffs.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
6.5*8 sign and trade and frontload/bonus it all. But idk if Dougie would want to play in Toronto the pressure would be crazy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It would actually be super smart for them to trade Marner for a futures heavy package and used the saved money to throw a big offer at Hamilton. I'm just skeptical that the Leafs could do that with Marner.

6.5*8 sign and trade and frontload/bonus it all. But idk if Dougie would want to play in Toronto the pressure would be crazy.

You are 100% not getting Hamilton for only $6.5 million a year.

Try $9 million a year.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Can't see this happening with our limited cap room unless major pieces are moved. Dregs saying 8 or 9M but it's more like 9M and up IMO:

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
The only way this is possible is if they trade Rielly and get back one or two young players on ELCs to fill out the forward roster. Hamilton costs more than Rielly but you save money by having guys making 800k playing wing on lines 1 through 3.

The likelihood of Marner getting traded is almost zero.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Waddell just said that no team has called him about a sign-and-trade and that it likely won't happen.

I think Toronto would have to offer at least $7.5 million x 8 years with every single penny paid as early as possible.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well that'll cost you big Mr. Dubas. Carolina signs him to an 8 year deal, trades him to Arizona who retains $3 million of his $9 million AAV. Since he's asking the Oilers for a 2nd in absolutely no retention on Hyman for $500K, this should just cost Dubas his next 4 1sts to Arizona and a 2nd to Carolina for making it happen (since he set the market on this with Hyman).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad