Sportsnet: Leafs looking at Tocchet?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I’m not sure how anyone could view Nylander’s contract as a bad contract, he earns what he’s paid imho. The other 2 contracts are not good ones though, definitely agree with you there

Slight overpayment compared to Ehlers, Larkin and Pasta (his comparables at the time) and paid him for his two month sabbatical (which seems to be dismissed) and for stinking out the joint upon his return. At least now he is showing up more games than not.

Reactions: egd27 and horner

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Marner had more goals than the natural goal scorers JT and Nylander

Marner 20 goals 55 games = 30 goals 82 games
Taveras 19 goals 56 games = 28 goals 82 games
Nylander 17 goals 51 games = 27 goals 82 games

He had a crappy playoff but his regular season was great.

He's not a natural goal scorer but I will take that production .
Now do Goals/60

horner

May 22, 2007
Point being that Marner plays a ton more than Nylander and Tavares. His 1-2 extra goals is not flattering
There is always something .

He probably scored on the pk empty net goals

Neither of which situation Nylander Plays

Don't say I hate Nylander because I don't loved his games in the playoffs.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
You'd have to think with a coaching staff of Keefe, Tocchet(hopefully/potentially), and Malhotra...that they'd be frustrated with the lack of physicality, no?lol so badly wanna say bye to guys like Mikheyev, Engvall, Kerfoot (via draft)...and start bringing in guys like Bertuzzi, Foegle, Goodrow, Cizikas, Kuraly. This team needs to be overly rough to make up for our skilled guys not having any toughness. At least other teams their guys who do the heavy lifting, will get dirty (Marchand, Pastrnak for one example).
Agree 100%.
Well said.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
But yesterday "they", the "others"like in the lost series hired that other guy... with the glasses from carolina. So this tocchet hiring would mean that some otha sucka from our current stupido roster would go down no? Whom? Tocchet would of course be welcome through my mind. I'm thinking get rid of the realest sucka in the nhl: Everybody in toronto knows its malhotra... what a tool. Such a young fool for the coaching stuff. Did awful thangs on our pp last season... played JOE in the first unit :biglaugh: What a f***in tool. A dumb monkey for the coaching dirt. Even the san jose sharks knew that joe's time on the first unit was over. During his last 1.5 years with the jose.
What a total donkey for the coaching bidness, manny malhotra. Our worst hiring on coaching dirt, ever. A real tool. No good. Get rid of that sucka, hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad