Sportsnet: Leafs looking at Tocchet?

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Never seen an assistant coach change the culture of a team. We need a GM who is an ass kicker, a coach who demands effort at all times. And most importantly a leadership group that goes out there every night and sets an example for the rest of the team.

Leafs need to drain the swamp before another decade is lost completely.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I'd like this. Really want Boudreau, but I don't think we get Boudreau unless Keefe gets himself canned. Tocchet would definitely be a good hire. Malhotra is still very green, as is Keefe really.

Reactions: ToneDog

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd like this. Really want Boudreau, but I don't think we get Boudreau unless Keefe gets himself canned. Tocchet would definitely be a good hire. Malhotra is still very green, as is Keefe really.

Bring in Tocchet for defense. Boudreau for Offense. Keep Malhotra to work faceoffs, special teams, and be an eye in the sky. MacLean continues to be our coaching consultant.

Let's spend that MLSE money

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
You'd have to think with a coaching staff of Keefe, Tocchet(hopefully/potentially), and Malhotra...that they'd be frustrated with the lack of physicality, no?lol so badly wanna say bye to guys like Mikheyev, Engvall, Kerfoot (via draft)...and start bringing in guys like Bertuzzi, Foegle, Goodrow, Cizikas, Kuraly. This team needs to be overly rough to make up for our skilled guys not having any toughness. At least other teams their guys who do the heavy lifting, will get dirty (Marchand, Pastrnak for one example).

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Why would Dubas hire Tocchet, and more importantly why would Tocchet be interested in playing second fiddle to Keefe? Friedman needs to get a haircut, he might have a brain tumour growing in that rat’s nest?
If he can't get a HC job, what better than taking an AC job with your hometown team? And taking an AC coaching job behind a guy with minimal HC experience at that. Seems like a good way to stay employed. Take a job in your hometown where you could easily be in the running to take the guy above you's job. Not sure why it seems far fetched

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If he can't get a HC job, what better than taking an AC job with your hometown team? And taking an AC coaching job behind a guy with minimal HC experience at that. Seems like a good way to stay employed. Take a job in your hometown where you could easily be in the running to take the guy above you's job. Not sure why it seems far fetched
True that, but the next coach will be hired by the next GM, so why associate yourself with a train wreck about to unfold? Not exactly the stuff you’d want on your resume.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
True that, but the next coach will be hired by the next GM, so why associate yourself with a train wreck about to unfold? Not exactly the stuff you’d want on your resume.
Well that simply comes down to how bad you want work/want your foot in the door. If and when there is a next GM, Tocchet might be employed elsewhere, or not be what that GM is looking for. Make hay while the sun shines. Possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity to be on the coaching staff of your hometown team, and can make more as an assistant here than a head coach in a lot of other places if they want you enough

Last edited:
Reactions: FraumBallard

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Dubas could always move Keefe into the head office, and hire a new coach. I'd rather a player shakeup than a coaching one though. Same guys who sucked for Babcock sucked for Keefe.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Friedman has turned into a clown but I would love it if the Leafs brought in Tocchet, and not just because he brought the cup to my local pub.

as for the Phil bashing, he was great here until that last lost year, Gary Roberts puts him up against all comers in sprint drills, and wou
Don’t he be just about perfect on our #1 pp?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Will this help Marner score goals?

None of these moves matter if Marner continues to fail in the playoffs.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Sportsnet: Leafs looking at Tocchet?

Yikes. Pass.

abe.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad