Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Lightning. Tank Nation In Full Flight! ! - April 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

I'm glad you are getting Jerry in the lineup. I'm happy Carter is getting a chance too.
I'm pulling for the kids like Holland and Leivo as well. We need to keep developing and working our Marlies into the lineup.

Right now the Leafs are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to get.

Marlies clinching division. Ashton gets chance with leafs in expanded role. This should have occurred a while ago. Kadri needs energy and physical type wingers to do well.
Example. Jerry, bodie, frattin, kuli. Kadri plays his best with those type of players

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
@jonasTSN1050: Carlyle said they'd like to see Ashton higher in the lineup with more skilled players (Kadri). Has played most of his NHL games on 4th line.

Riiiight RC has all season to do this. And it was HIS decision to stick him on the 4th line

I think if Randy wants to keep his job part of the mandate is that he start working players like Holland,Ashton,D'Amigo,Leivo into meaningful roles when they either make the team out of camp, or get called up.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Ashton has played in 31 games this season. In 21 of those games he played fewer than six minutes and in nine games fewer than four.

What a terrible way to develop a player into your lineup. He wasn't even playing bad either which is the travesty in itself.

I probably don't have enough fingers to count the amount of times that Ashton outworked most of the players in our lineup. He would actually forecheck like he meant it, turn around to start a cycle or to pass it to McLaren or Orr, only for the puck to be bobbled and/or not retrieved because they have a combined IQ of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad