Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Lightning. Tank Nation In Full Flight! ! - April 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Come on Stammer, score another hat trick for (on) us.

Drinking game time? Every time he's left alone around the net, take a drink. Take 3 drinks if he has an open shot and chug it if he scores. You'll probably be black out drunk at the end of the game.

Just don't take a drink every time Clarkson falls though, you'll be drunk by the 10 minute mark.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Reimer starting tonight (According the thescore.ca).

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Not sure I like the idea of calling up the kids. I'm all in for them losing the next 3 games and guys like D'Amigo, Ashton, Bodie...they have this thing called work ethic and I don't want them trying too hard and the team ends up winning. Let the rest of them be their normal lazy selves and lose the game.

I used to say that I just can't cheer for my team to lose. Congratulations Leafs, you have broken me. Go Tampa.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Not sure I like the idea of calling up the kids. I'm all in for them losing the next 3 games and guys like D'Amigo, Ashton, Bodie...they have this thing called work ethic and I don't want them trying too hard and the team ends up winning. Let the rest of them be their normal lazy selves and lose the game.

I used to say that I just can't cheer for my team to lose. Congratulations Leafs, you have broken me. Go Tampa.

how disgustingly sad is that?
we don't want to expose the kids to this crap?

i am just going to be in my happy Jerry Bubble though.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I can't believe it. Carlyle will give Carter Ashton minutes in the top 9. Heck he's actually with Kadri and Clarkson in practice right now.

I can't believe it. It's about time.

I can all ready see it though. Ashton will play well, but the Leafs will go down a goal or two, and Carlyle will then double shift McClement on each line for whatever reason, probably because he thinks he needs him for the faceoffs, which means Ashton will see the bench for the rest of the game.

@jonasTSN1050: Carlyle said they'd like to see Ashton higher in the lineup with more skilled players (Kadri). Has played most of his NHL games on 4th line.

I've been saying this for 2 months now. Is Ashton a top 9? I don't know but give him more than 5 minutes and 1 game. I've been saying Kadri needs a big body on the wing. Good for Carter. The most hope I have left is that players like Ashton,D'Amigo,Holland show they can play well in the NHL. Don't have to be superstars but hard working contributors to a teams success.
Of all the excuses this team makes, being outworked should never be one of them. Lose because you are not good enough ok, but not because you were at the country club.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
@jonasTSN1050: Carlyle said they'd like to see Ashton higher in the lineup with more skilled players (Kadri). Has played most of his NHL games on 4th line.

I've been saying this for 2 months now. Is Ashton a top 9? I don't know but give him more than 5 minutes and 1 game. I've been saying Kadri needs a big body on the wing. Good for Carter. The most hope I have left is that players like Ashton,D'Amigo,Holland show they can play well in the NHL. Don't have to be superstars but hard working contributors to a teams success.
Of all the excuses this team makes, being outworked should never be one of them. Lose because you are not good enough ok, but not because you were at the country club.

exactly. and being outworked for almost the entire season? oi.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Riiiight RC has all season to do this. And it was HIS decision to stick him on the 4th line

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
how disgustingly sad is that?
we don't want to expose the kids to this crap?

i am just going to be in my happy Jerry Bubble though.

I'm glad you are getting Jerry in the lineup. I'm happy Carter is getting a chance too.
I'm pulling for the kids like Holland and Leivo as well. We need to keep developing and working our Marlies into the lineup.

Right now the Leafs are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to get.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
don't think I'm going to watch any of the remaining 3 games.

just don't give a ****k anymore...this team is a huge letdown :(

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Carlyle's comments are the worst and unforgivable:

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 6m
Carlyle remarked today that the staff was "mystified" that the Leafs penalty killing was so poor when they had such a good save percentage.

As I said in another thread: to me that looks like a nice way of saying that the other players aren't getting the job done.

mikebel111*

Love this news about ashton. But my question is, why wasnt this tried earlier?
I agree with trapper, i have wanted kadri with ashton for a while.
Ashton has his chance now! He scored 16 goals in like 23 games with marlies for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad