Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Lightning. Tank Nation In Full Flight! ! - April 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Lightning win 6-0.

Enough said! LOL

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread earlier!

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Lightning win 6-0.

Enough said! LOL

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread earlier!

We can only hope, Quinn. You wanna come back to this team? I have good memories of then.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Leafs score.
Leafs screw up, Team Scores
Team Scores again
Leafs are within one
Leafs dominate the game
Oh Noes! Leafs Lose!
Life is sad.

Most of that is fairly accurate and all but in which game did the Leafs ever dominate?

There was also a loooonggg stretch (8/9 games? Where the Leafs allowed the first goal, or even two.)

TML FTW*

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
Jon Cooper: "I think we're going to get everything the Leafs have tonight and I don't know what that's going to be."

LMAO we all know what it's going to be

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Jon Cooper: "I think we're going to get everything the Leafs have tonight and I don't know what that's going to be."

:laugh: Nothing to do but laugh.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007

Shots 42-23 TB.

However, based on Leafs internal tracking methods the "chances" would only be 14-12 TB.

stish

One good thing about this season's early promise was that the obnoxious Tank Kid Quitters have only emerged near the end.

Kyle Doobas*

One good thing about this season's early promise was that the obnoxious Tank Kid Quitters have only emerged near the end.
Yeah, getting three meaningless wins is way better.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I know how the Leafs calculate scoring chances. Its simple and elegant:

Scoring chance = goal scored.

TB will shoot the puck 50 times on net but will only have 5 scoring chances tonight. Our team is just too good. Mystified, I am not.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I can't believe it. Carlyle will give Carter Ashton minutes in the top 9. Heck he's actually with Kadri and Clarkson in practice right now.

I can't believe it. It's about time.

I can all ready see it though. Ashton will play well, but the Leafs will go down a goal or two, and Carlyle will then double shift McClement on each line for whatever reason, probably because he thinks he needs him for the faceoffs, which means Ashton will see the bench for the rest of the game.

APV

Sep 28, 2009
I can't believe it. Carlyle will give Carter Ashton minutes in the top 9. Heck he's actually with Kadri and Clarkson in practice right now.

I can all ready see it though. Ashton will play well, but the Leafs will go down a goal or two, and Carlyle will then double shift McClement on each line for whatever reason, probably because he thinks he needs him for the faceoffs, which means Ashton will see the bench for the rest of the game.

Not defending Randy, but would we ever be in a better position if Carter Ashton got more playing time? He's an average bottom 6 player on an any average team, this guy isn't going to make a difference :help:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not defending Randy, but would we ever be in a better position if Carter Ashton got more playing time? He's an average bottom 6 player on an any average team, this guy isn't going to make a difference :help:

Who said he would make a difference?

He's a young player that has played extremely well for the Marlies and has done fairly well with the Leafs when he actually plays. He's literally been playing under 5 minutes, which is Pejorative Slured for a young player trying to develop and make the NHL.

Carlyle has refused to give his 4th line any sort of minutes other then McClement (when he's on that line), which makes us play with 3 lines for at least 70% of the game... and then we wonder why the Leafs can't close a game and crumble down at the end of the season.

Ashton can easily play around 10 to 12 minutes without being a liability. He skates, he 's aggressive and isn't a complete knob defensively, unlike Orr, McLaren and other numbnuts that Carlyle would rather play.

I'm not saying Ashton, D'Amigo or whoever else from the Marlies would have salvaged the season, but at least they are/were 100% healthy, unlike Lupul, JVR, Kessel and Bolland recently, whom have all missed practices left, right and center. They look like crap and play like crap probably because they feel like crap physically.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen - we can be 100 percent eliminated if we lose in regulation and Columbus gets 1 point. Finally. end the torture already.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

They have to see what they have going forward in guys like Ashton.
RC though hasn't afforded then that opportunity, sticking him on the 4th line for 4 minutes. has our 2nd and third lines been THAT good that he couldn't have at least given the kid a chance?
Holland can't catch a break with RC either
D'Amigo out-plays 3rd and 4th line guys and gets sent down

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Most of that is fairly accurate and all but in which game did the Leafs ever dominate?

There was also a loooonggg stretch (8/9 games? Where the Leafs allowed the first goal, or even two.)

the last 10 minutes - that's what I meant ;) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad