Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Dubas is the problem.

The roster is a step down from last season.

They can fire the coach, but that will not fix anything.

Last season 3 lines that can score, this season only 2 lines that can score.

Last season mobile defense contributing to offense, this season hope and pray Andersen makes the save, lol.

:dunce:
Guessing that means you'd prefer we lost one of the kids to keep the $6.5 million man and the $4.5 for 7 years useless defenceman and the guy who gets suspended every playoff...

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Perhaps Shanny has his instructions. Perhaps Tannenbaum is a huge Babcock fan and he's well known for getting close to the coaches and players
Who knows. They've shut the fans out completely. Post game pressers provide no insight or reasoning as to why team struggles. Just filler nonsense with hockey cliches. They do their best to keep us in the dark.

They are more worried about making the right headlines globally instead of just running a successful hockey team capable of putting in 2 shits every night.

They are led by a coach who always looks confused during games and even after games. He is always looking for excuses instead of placing accountability on his players. If they've tuned him out, that's his problem.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Honestly, I said it before, but really change every line until we find other things that click or we get going.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Kapanen
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Moore
Petan - Gauthier - Spezza

Rielly - Holl
Muzzin - Ceci
Dermott - Barrie

Andersen

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
What do you mean they didn't at the start? The wings were a 100+ point team with home ice in a pre shootout era. The Nords were on pace for a 112 points in their last season which was lockout shortened
A 100 point team with home ice in a pre shootout era... That couldn't get past the first round.
Hmm... 100 point team that couldn't get past the first round. Why does that sound so familiar?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Guessing that means you'd prefer we lost one of the kids to keep the $6.5 million man and the $4.5 for 7 years useless defenceman and the guy who gets suspended every playoff...
1. Did I say that? I do not remember saying that. I do not remember even thinking that.

2. Do not put words into other people's mouths. Very dishonest way of discussion.

3. Good night.

Crows Eye

Oct 22, 2019
I don’t care what offensive skills Nylander brings to the table, for Pete’s Sake do more than act like a friggin white and blue pylon on that Barzal goal! Eberle just walks around him while Nylander stands there and watches him pass to a wide open Barzal. It’s like he’s thinking, “hey, I earn my $7 + million scoring goals not playing defence.”

Reactions: Polaris1010

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
A 100 point team with home ice in a pre shootout era... That couldn't get past the first round.
Hmm... 100 point team that couldn't get past the first round. Why does that sound so familiar?
We haven't had home ice in the playoffs and are currently out of a playoff spot.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I have a STRONG suspicion the problem is a disconnect between Leafs management and the board. They'd have to hand Babcock $40 million to get rid of him now, but there's an out in his contract they can use at the end of the season. I suspect the board would prefer to get to the end of the year and avoid paying the rest of the contract if they can him...
This may be true but i doubt it. They could recoup some of that money just making the playoffs. As much as we dislike coaching this team he wouldn't stay unemployed for long and thusly the leafs would be out of his contract.
Babs would hook up with another team.......noway he stays out of the game.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
1. Did I say that? I do not remember saying that. I do not remember even thinking that.

2. Do not put words into other people's mouths. Very dishonest way of discussion.

3. Good night.
You're the one who's bitching that last year's roster was better. To keep last year's roster mostly intact, you probably lose Marner. Now you're definitively worse.
But hey, let's blame the GM because the highest paid coach in the NHL thinks he's so great he can force the entire team to win playing his way, whether it fits or not...

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If they fire anybody it should be Dubas!

They fired GM MacNamara over coach Brophy!

:naughty:

Such a slippery slope...well, Shanahan's going to play the game...if he fires Dubas, then it's him next...but I don't see Shanahan firing Dubas until he gives the chance for Dubas to get his own coach first to see if things can get turned around quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad