Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Andreas Johnsson was absolutely pathetic.
He's been figure skating for some time and needs to get his head out of his ass.
The guy isn't on that line to be a pretty boy, but to be a dirty little puke retrieving the puck. Stop that stupid no-look drop pass crap.

Become a poor-man's (although better paid) Zach Hyman.
That is all.
To me AJ is a dime of a dozen player, a winger who can score and chip in here and there. Would be nice to trade him for a vet who just knows how hardwork is the only way to get the job done.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
They had great regular season success though. This team is just "meh"
They didn't at the start. If you remember, we beat the Red Wings in the first round in '93, and they lost to the expansion Sharks in '94. They didn't give up and blow everything up.
And the Nords ended up having to make some big sacrifices (including giving us Sundin) before they managed to break through.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Is Reilly dogging it because he didn’t get the captaincy? He’s been dog food all season.
Obviously hurt but I'm wondering if this season goes even further into the toilet perhaps we could move him for some major assets. No idea how we'll be able to sign him when he gets to UFA

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
If Shanahan stopped Dubas from changing the coach, he should get some criticism as well.
Dubas is the problem.

The roster is a step down from last season.

They can fire the coach, but that will not fix anything.

Last season 3 lines that can score, this season only 2 lines that can score.

Last season mobile defense contributing to offense, this season hope and pray Andersen makes the save, lol.

:dunce:

Reactions: Ports

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
Is Reilly dogging it because he didn’t get the captaincy? He’s been dog food all season.

To be fair, everyone in the media thinks he's playing hurt. Apparently he hasn't been attending any practices. If it's true, they might want to consider sitting him down for a few games so that he can heal up and get back to 100%.

That said, if he's going to play, like the whole team he needs to be better.

Anyway, enough of this - the Raptors are on. The Leafs need to be forced to watch the Raps and how well they're playing with half of their roster injured.

Reactions: supermann_98

member 300185

Tavares has been crap this season lets stop drinking the Leafs captain kool-aid.

He needs to be better but that can be said for just about everyone.
There could be a plan here. Leafs losing on purpose to rid themselves or Babcock. Happens all the time around the league for years.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I only thought they should get rid of Hainsey because Babcock overplays the shit out of him. But they really need that kind of defenseman to play next to Reilly. They don't have one that plays right, so Reilly's struggling.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Leafs ruined my whole night. I had plans. I was going to take a nice hot bath and a nice hot dump. Light some candles for both. Then when the Leafs won, I was going to go to the Islanders board and start a chant, something along the lines of HE DON'T NEED YOU, HE DON'T NEED YOU. But, all that got ruined because we are not as good as we think we are.

it’s only taken 83 games for people to realise this nothing more than a 500 team.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Not sure if agree with your math there wingman. By my calculations they tried for the whole second period and the last 5 minutes of the third, so that’s 25 minutes by my count.
they only looked like they tried in the 2nd and the last 5 mins of the game because that's when the Islanders took there foot off the gas during those periods and sat back

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They didn't at the start. If you remember, we beat the Red Wings in the first round in '93, and they lost to the expansion Sharks in '94. They didn't give up and blow everything up.
And the Nords ended up having to make some big sacrifices (including giving us Sundin) before they managed to break through.
What do you mean they didn't at the start? The wings were a 100+ point team with home ice in a pre shootout era. The Nords were on pace for a 112 points in their last season which was lockout shortened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad