ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada
Bernier, very calmly:

wWPGDM9.jpg

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The Summit Series was great. It had meaning. And it's been downhill for international hockey ever since then.

lol, it's been going downhill for 40 years??

International hockey > Regular season NHL. I can't wait for it and I hope there's as many Leaf players there as possible.

Minko

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Cant complain about a win against a team that played better, but I do wish we had played more solidly.

wulfio*

The Summit Series was great. It had meaning. And it's been downhill for international hockey ever since then.

It still has meaning, maybe that's your own issues, or maybe you aren't 8 years old anymore and don't realize it's going to feel differently. To me, international hockey will always be the pinnacle of the sport. And the expectations are always gold.

I want the best out there representing the nation. Hockey is pretty much the piece of Canadian identity that's survived the melting pot. If we lose that, then I might as well move to the US.

Asif16*

God im just so eager and excited to see what a full lineup can do...

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-KAdri-CLarkson
Raymond-BOlland-KUlemin
MClaren/ashton/broll-Mcclement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Franson-Gardiner
Fraser-Reilly
Ranger

Bernier
Reimer

Makes me giddy

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
On Leafs TV Hendrick said Franson just walked by with a few stitches on his nose and otherwise looked no worse for wear.

Good news.

Good to hear, we can't seem to get break with the injury bug, yet we're still 4-1 :yo:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
really, that's what you're worried about?

I am shocked by the lack of patriotism.

Every Canadian hockey player grows up dreaming of wearing the white and red. Every one of them romanticizes the summit series. Did you people not play hockey growing up?

Pretty much this. Its like the World Cup for us. I want as many Leafs as possible representing their respective countries.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
God im just so eager and excited to see what a full lineup can do...

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-KAdri-CLarkson
Raymond-BOlland-KUlemin
MClaren/ashton/broll-Mcclement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Franson-Gardiner
Fraser-Reilly
Ranger

Bernier
Reimer

Makes me giddy

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin
McLaren-McClement-Orr

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Rielly-Franson
Gardiner-Fraser/Ranger

Bernier
Reimer

Sorry it really erks me when someone gets the defense pairing on the wrong side. :laugh:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Meaningless tourney??

It has nothing to do with the NHL or winning the Stanley Cup. In my mind, if players want to play in the Olympics, they should arrange their contracts such that they're not in the NHL that year.

But it is pretty meaningless -- doesn't really prove anything. Was Team Canada really better than Team USA in 2010 because of a flukey goal.

It's also thrown together phoney teams. I also hate the way that with NHLers in there, hockey overshadows everything else in the Olympics. The hype over Olympic hockey in 2010 and the nonsense about Canda needing to win gold almost had me cheering against them. However, winning the men's hockey gold was going to give Canada the record for most golds won by a home nation in the Winter Olympics, so I cheered for them.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I get what Bowen was saying about Lupul - his finishing really hasn't been that great. Given the number of chances he has had, if he was absolutely on top of his game, he would have had 3 more goals by now.

Lupul is just a very complete player. He has been so successful because he can score every way, and from everywhere. His physical game has been just as good as it was last year. If the man can stay healthy, it will be HUGE for us. Him and PK are an excellent 1-2 punch.

Kadri was great tonight. He had some turnovers, but that is expected from a player who is as creative as him. His best play of the night was that diving deflection in the defensive zone IMO.

Can't wait till Clarkson is back. That line will be INSANE.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
really, that's what you're worried about?

I am shocked by the lack of patriotism.

Every Canadian hockey player grows up dreaming of wearing the white and red. Every one of them romanticizes the summit series. Did you people not play hockey growing up?
Leafs > Team Canada IMO.

Would you not be pissed if Kessel got a serious injury playing for team USA?

Tyler Biggs*

An extremely dangerous, dirty play. Let's hope Franson is okay.

It looked as if his visor cut him as he collided with the stanchion, ugly stuff hope Cody's ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad