Post-Game Talk: Leafs Kept Calm, Proved Corsi Wrong & Still #1 in the Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
The spectacular:
- Phaneuf
- Bernier

The good:
- Kessel
- JVR
- Bozak
- Lupul
- Kadri
- Rielly
- Gunnar

The bad:
- faceoffs
- Bozak handling puck like a grenade
- 1st half of the game was pathetic

Ranger looked a lot better tonight.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
ooohhhhhh

oohhhhhhhhhhh

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh give a ****

tumblr_mtg0en8Bm21qzx3jto1_400.gif

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
That pass up the middle that was called offside was pretty brutal :laugh: but I agree; he's looked pretty good so far.

Hasn't done anything to wow me yet, but he isn't making mistakes either which is what I prefer at this time. After the shaky first game he has really settled down and seems to be finding his game more and more each game.

That's because he covers up his mistakes with his skating and work ethic.

I remember 1 play in particular this game where he broke up a Nashville 2 on 1 by skating back and managing to intercept the pass. But hey, he isn't exactly a physically imposing guy, so it's great to see that he can make an impact in the defensive end other ways still :)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I was hoping Rielly would break the ice on the 5min PP, but alas he has to do it Saturday.

Just the tip of the iceberg with Captain Morgan, going to borrow that one. :)

You can just see him getting better and better before our eyes with each shift. So stoked we were able to draft a kid like this.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Let's be negative: Paul Ranger is atrocious on the PP. I never want to see that again.

wulfio*

i know. my poor muffin, Franson.
he didn't LOOK woosy, and he got up under his own power... that should = okay, right?

I don't know what's in Phaneuf this season but he's playing like a stud.

(also - nuhuh. LOL i'm using my GDT powers for good. last time I went 3 in a row, we lost game 7 :laugh:)

Not necessarily. You can still be concussed and not be wobbly. You can still play concussed just fine and nobody would know the difference.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The preds got a lot of shots but next to none second or third chances - bernier's rebound control was stellar and the leafs defense collapsed amazingly and blocked shots and cleared the net

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
The spectacular:
- Phaneuf
- Bernier

The good:
- Kessel
- JVR
- Bozak
- Lupul
- Kadri
- Rielly
- Gunnar

The bad:
- faceoffs
- Bozak handling puck like a grenade
- 1st half of the game was pathetic

Ranger looked a lot better tonight.

Been the same all year for the bolded. Loving it! :yo:

wulfio*

People actually want Bernier to make Team Canada? I don't. I hate the idea of Leafs going off in playing in a meaningless tourney in the middle of a season.

wow, no words for this....

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
i know. my poor muffin, Franson.
he didn't LOOK woosy, and he got up under his own power... that should = okay, right?

I don't know what's in Phaneuf this season but he's playing like a stud.

(also - nuhuh. LOL i'm using my GDT powers for good. last time I went 3 in a row, we lost game 7 :laugh:)

When he got up, he looked fine...it's just the time he spent laid out on the ice that's got me worrying about all of the bad possibilities.

Well it is his contract year so maybe that's put a little jump in his step. Or maybe married life is treating him really well and it's translating into his game, haha.

Well we needed those 3 in a row to get to game 7 anyhow so it's not like it was a waste. Your mojo just ran out...it happens sometimes. Hey, but if we can keep a 3-1-0 pace, that'll put them on pace for 55-27-0 in the regular season. Surely that'll be enough to make playoffs, right? :laugh:

Badger Mayhew*

I don't get the title of this thread, Leafs had the higher Corsi at 5v5 Close

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
People actually want Bernier to make Team Canada? I don't. I hate the idea of Leafs going off in playing in a meaningless tourney in the middle of a season.
I sort of feel the same way too, and if he doesn't do that well it could damage his confidence and we wouldnt hear the end of it on these forums.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's like Phaneuf has found another gear - i am loving. it.

I'm with rojac (and I love and adore the Olympics) I want zero Leafs players there. Healthy please, for the playoff push.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Well they played Bring on the Clowns when they introduced the Leafs at the opening ceremony, bet they don't want the Leafs Circus back anytime soon.

Leafs are tied for first in the League with the AVS, 8 points each but AVS have a game in hand.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
Always nice to win after a tough loss. I'll be interested to see if Bernier can keep this up for the whole month. The goaltender competition has a long way to go but he is showing a strong hand of cards.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Ranger's best game by a mile.

Good effort from around the half way point on for most of the team.

Bernier was fantastic, As was Phaneuf.

Rielly is coming along as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad