GDT: Leafs @ Jets MTS Center - Weds Oct 24, 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We should get Ron "the negotiator" Hainsey to work on changing it back to 7pm central!

What I really want to see is what I call “The Hainsey”.
That was his go to defensive play where he would go down early in front of Pavelec. Basically playing 2nd goalie from his knees and then a puck that was going wide would hit his knee or shin and change direction for the own goal.

FWIW - the Hainsey 6 goal game predictions never lose their charm. I almost spit up my drink.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
yes I do prefer that. If my options are a national crew uninterested in the goings on in our little outpost vs pbp laced with irrelevant and largely uninteresting facts presented under the guise of game day preparation...I'll take disinterest over stupid.

I think you’re in the minority here.
Sportsnet has been the worst thing to happen to the NHL.
They’ve ruined HNIC, the Home Town Hockey Sunday telecast is vomit inducing and their on air personalities are second rate.

Like most people on here I’ll take Beyek over them everyday.
Either way I’ll be on the NBCSN telecast tonight anyways.

Reactions: RedBar and GNP

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ok I just booked myself an off day, not gonna miss this game. Just too good and a man has to have an off day sometimes

I told my few employees we are going home early today. They ask "why". I am like "don't ask why, why would you ask why. Go home I am paying you to go home 2 hours early you f***".

I can't miss this game, it's significance is too massive.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I told my few employees we are going home early today. They ask "why". I am like "don't ask why, why would you ask why. Go home I am paying you to go home 2 hours early you ****".

I can't miss this game, it's significance is too massive.

Asking why you're being sent home early by an anxious, swearing, nervous wreck of a superior...

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
That commercial was the inspiration. Nice catch.

Bet365 has the Jets as favourites today, paying 1.76:1. Leafs are paying 2.10:1.

Go Jets Go!

m.
Cool. I've always had a good glove hand.

Soooooooo much theater for this one.....hype is over the top! I like it. Jets deserve some notoriety.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
That commercial was the inspiration. Nice catch.

Bet365 has the Jets as favourites today, paying 1.76:1. Leafs are paying 2.10:1.

Go Jets Go!

m.

Oof, I wouldn't want to bet against my team but I'd probably take Toronto at those odds.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Any STH selling to Leaf fans are Benedict Arnolds
200w.gif

Reactions: oldcoot and Saintb

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He'll also let you know how many games he's played in the NHL mid-wind up.
"...over to Marleau playing in career game # 1,584 one-timer, score."

:laugh: Beyak is far from perfect. He is only good when compared to most of the rest of them.

If he would drop some of the Beyakisms he might even be able to keep up with the play. :laugh: His love of esoteric trivia is entertaining for a while, then gets old. His use of 3 names would give a stranger the impression he was calling a game for a team representing a prison housing Presidential assassins. :laugh: On the positive side, he has a good voice and I credit him with professionalism and basic competence.

Reactions: Spock

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I do worry when we are out on the big stage for regular season games. We’ve flopped more than once.

Leafs are due and we’ll rested.
Jets are sort of due for a loss with a 4-0-1 run going. But can actually say that they really haven’t had that great of a performance yet.

So anything can happen.
Ehlers and Kadri are due.
Matthews is looking to break out but so is Laine in his new line.

Both goalies have great records against their opponents.

Both fanbases would love nothing more than to beat each other.
We all want a classic (or a Jets blowout).
Tavares worries me.
CLT should worry them.

Less than 3 hours to game time.
Keeping my fingers crossed that technical glitches don’t cost me the first period, which has happened to some games.

6pm start is 1am for me on my trip so I’m quite happy with that!!!

GJG

Last edited:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
:laugh: Beyak is far from perfect. He is only good when compared to most of the rest of them.

If he would drop some of the Beyakisms he might even be able to keep up with the play. :laugh: His love of esoteric trivia is entertaining for a while, then gets old. His use of 3 names would give a stranger the impression he was calling a game for a team representing a prison housing Presidential assassins. :laugh: On the positive side, he has a good voice and I credit him with professionalism and basic competence.
His voice:
downloadfile-2.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
yes I do prefer that. If my options are a national crew uninterested in the goings on in our little outpost vs pbp laced with irrelevant and largely uninteresting facts presented under the guise of game day preparation...I'll take disinterest over stupid.

If they were simply disinterested it wouldn't be so bad, but they openly cheer for the visiting team even when it is not the Leafs. Objective would be good. We don't have an option for a non-stupid national crew. The ignorance of some of them is epic - and condescending. Don't see how you can not hear that. Don Wittman would be better, even from the grave. :(

Reactions: oldcoot

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Laine usually plays well against Toronto, and just got moved onto a line with Scheif and Wheels - should be a good game!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Seeing some respect on HFLeafs (save for some mewling about what some over there term our 'obnoxious fanbase') and over here at HFJets. Are we all getting soft?

I'm just hoping that both games are three point games. And by that I mean that we beat them so badly the League awards us an extra point in the standings for looking so good.

m.

Now that both the teams are good and hoping to win the cup or atleast make a deep run, most fans of both teams have bigger things to worry about than engaging in petty and endless "which prospect/player is better" debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad