bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
1946891661_1.jpg

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If Ehlers can't score against the Leafs in 2 games I have sincere doubts about his ability to score.

Reactions: sipowicz

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If Ehlers can't score against the Leafs in 2 games I have sincere doubts about his ability to score.

Which is why your hawking him on the main board trade threads?

FYI - arguing about how ineffective he is isn’t a great way to convince someone else to trade for home. Not that it matters.

Kinda like a salesmen telling you about the bad gas mileage on the car they are trying to sell you.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Which is why your hawking him on the main board trade threads?

FYI - arguing about how ineffective he is isn’t a great way to convince someone else to trade for home. Not that it matters.

Kinda like a salesmen telling you about the bad gas mileage on the car they are trying to sell you.

It's a message board relax. There are novice fans and expert fans in one place. It's just a discussion.

I think he's showing a lot of negatives in our system to start.
Some fans see them, some fans don't. He started on the 4th line, didn't exactly play his way up. Tonight's a good time for him to turn it around. Still think Roslovic would look better with Connor and Little than Ehlers, but he gets to play. Would be nice if he proved me wrong.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's a message board relax. There are novice fans and expert fans in one place. It's just a discussion.

I think he's showing a lot of negatives in our system to start.
Some fans see them, some fans don't. He started on the 4th line, didn't exactly play his way up. Tonight's a good time for him to turn it around. Still think Roslovic would look better with Connor and Little than Ehlers, but he gets to play. Would be nice if he proved me wrong

I just found it funny that you were essentially cutting him down to the guy you were trying to convince to “accept the trade”.

3 reasons not to trade him

- in longest slump of young career (possible lower value)
- Laine re-signing (moving his Atari friend seems like a bad idea)
- it’s early in a season that we have a good record in. Give him time to get going and also to see if Niku can take a step for the 2nd half. If Jets were at risk of missing playoffs then maybe you gamble like that but not worth the risk at this point.

4th one
- sends bad signal to young players that sign contracts with us that they are expendable

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I just found it funny that you were essentially cutting him down to the guy you were trying to convince to “accept the trade”.

3 reasons not to trade him

- in longest slump of young career (possible lower value)
- Laine re-signing (moving his Atari friend seems like a bad idea)
- it’s early in a season that we have a good record in. Give him time to get going and also to see if Niku can take a step for the 2nd half. If Jets were at risk of missing playoffs then maybe you gamble like that but not worth the risk at this point.

4th one
- sends bad signal to young players that sign contracts with us that they are expendable

I was stating that he was a bad fit to our system. I can't make pie charts to demonstrate that he is losing far too many battles and 0 goals and -6 are not sufficient statistics. I was actually pumping him up as a perfect fit for a speedster like Barzal.

And that Laine's Atari friend could be replaced by a younger Finn, with more moxy.

I'm amazed that Perreault who makes every line he plays on, a possession line, a guy who was deemed Buff's best friend on the team, and whose wife fits into the core family, is deemed expendable, but Ehlers, who isn't producing, with a contract slightly less than Scheifele's, is deemed a sacred cow.
Anyways I'm not a salesman, that's true. I'm more of a rebel realist. Enjoy the game regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad