GDT: Leafs @ Jets MTS Center - Weds Oct 24, 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
It would be nice if Wheeler and Ehlers both figured out how to score again tonight.

Who shows up tonight.
Cold Laine or Hot Laine.
Wheeler and Ehlers have an on-ice SH% of 5.26 and 5.00, respectively. Problematic, but once they get a bounce or two, things should start rolling. (during his tenure in Winnipeg, Wheeler has never had OISH% of lower than 8.13 over a full season. As for Ehlers, 8.17.)

Reactions: MardyBum

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Seeing some respect on HFLeafs (save for some mewling about what some over there term our 'obnoxious fanbase') and over here at HFJets. Are we all getting soft?

I'm just hoping that both games are three point games. And by that I mean that we beat them so badly the League awards us an extra point in the standings for looking so good.

m.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Early congrats on the win tonight. I expect the same flat group to come out and get outworked. 4-1 Jets with 2 empty net goals with 3 minutes remaining.
200.gif

Good luck your team boyo.
Go Jets Go

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Won't predict an outcome as both teams can have high deviations from their average game.

Nice that Beyak has the night off. Hope we can cope not knowing so and so has played 8,602 seconds without such and such happening

Reactions: Robinson2187

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Seeing some respect on HFLeafs (save for some mewling about what some over there term our 'obnoxious fanbase') and over here at HFJets. Are we all getting soft?

I'm just hoping that both games are three point games. And by that I mean that we beat them so badly the League awards us an extra point in the standings for looking so good.

m.

Reactions: STZD and macmaroon

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Good god, please don't lose.

The GTA area will be more smug than George Clooney

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Laine finally on the top line, a healthier Kuli back in the lineup for Morrow, just need Broissot in net!

Reactions: GNP

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Get outta here with your reverse jinx! :laugh:

Get the **** outta here with your jinx bull****

EDIT: We all know the Jets will get blown out :sarcasm:

HAHA, Ya I guess it sounds that way. I'm just a little down after our last 2 lazy games.

Plus I need Laine to start popping some PP goals, my pool is hurting right now! A 10 - 9 game is my dream tonight.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Why are the Jets even bothering to dress Roslovic and Lemieux for this game? Vs St. Louis Roslovic only got 3 min 3 sec and Lemieux only got 1 min 52 sec. They aren't even going to see the ice vs the Leafs.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Last year a big key to our success was being able to roll 4 lines with a guy like Perreault down the line-up that would eat the lunch of his 4th line competition.

I don't understand why Maurice isn't going back to that formula

Reactions: Huffer

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why are the Jets even bothering to dress Roslovic and Lemieux for this game? Vs St. Louis Roslovic only got 3 min 3 sec and Lemieux only got 1 min 52 sec. They aren't even going to see the ice vs the Leafs.

They were affected by Tanev getting tossed plus the bench shortening in the 3rd period. Not a good combination for them.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Won't predict an outcome as both teams can have high deviations from their average game.

Nice that Beyak has the night off. Hope we can cope not knowing so and so has played 8,602 seconds without such and such happening

Do you prefer Sportsnet coverage where the broadcasters barely know our players names and make completely uninformed comments about our team?

Beyek has some habits that annoy people but at least he can tell the difference between our players and knows that Wheeler isn’t the trigger man on our PP.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do you prefer Sportsnet coverage where the broadcasters barely know our players names and make completely uninformed comments about our team?

Beyek has some habits that annoy people but at least he can tell the difference between our players and knows that Wheeler isn’t the trigger man on our PP.

Beyak can also be relied upon to know the names of the opposing players and to show them a modicum of respect. He'll probably even know their numbers!

Reactions: Razzle71

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
For real, why is TSN and or sports channels pushing the idea that we all want a Toronto/Winnipeg final?

I have no desire to endure the fandom during a season where Leafs are good enough to make playoffs and actually win in them. Can you imagine the coverage? They already talk about Leafs during Jets intermissions and whistles.

Whenever the Jets are on Sportsnet or HNIC the commentators have a tendency to over hype the Jets opponents while speaking underwhelmingly of the Jets, sure you hear a few positive come out of their mouths but for the most part they prefer to talk about our opponent. The Leafs on the other hand they just assume are the cream of the crop and act like they have already won the Stanley Cup. I hate when the Jets get covered on SN or HNIC, give me Beyak all day every day.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I'm no Chiarot fan but Morrow has been horribad and should be sitting.

Not disagreeing with Morrow being horrible. Just that Big Ben w/o Big Buff has been humongously bad. Not that I'm fan of Jim Corsi either, but Ben has 21.05 CF% without Buff. Magically Buff turns him into almost serviceable d-man.

So far last 30-40 games I think Morrow > Chiarot, but both are bad.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Beyak can also be relied upon to know the names of the opposing players and to show them a modicum of respect. He'll probably even know their numbers!
He'll also let you know how many games he's played in the NHL mid-wind up.
"...over to Marleau playing in career game # 1,584 one-timer, score."

Reactions: SUX2BU

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014

yes I do prefer that. If my options are a national crew uninterested in the goings on in our little outpost vs pbp laced with irrelevant and largely uninteresting facts presented under the guise of game day preparation...I'll take disinterest over stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->