GDT: Leafs @ Jets MTS Center - Weds Oct 24, 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game audio:

Players: Blake Wheeler & Mark Scheifele.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What made this the right game to get Dmitry Kulikov into the lineup? What has been missing defensively for the third pairing? What is the biggest challenge posed by the Leafs tonight? On the need for the forwards to be responsible defensively. On playing the Leafs twice in less than a week. How, if at all, does the marquee matchup come into his planning and what he may say to the team? On the philosophical change in the NHL of pulling a goalie to get an extra man on the bench. On how he decides who will be the extra forward who will be inserted for the pulled goalie?

To listen click here.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hey, this is an all-Canadian contest. It will be an honour. Gotta have that red underline from this US-biased board telling me I have erred in my spelling. :laugh:

You do know that your spell checker is smart enough to learn correct spelling, right? Unlike most 'Mericans. :laugh:

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
NOTE: The game time was changed to 6pm CT

Don't be late!

Fortnight start by 10pm = 6pm start time, I get it.
980x-207.jpg

Reactions: Robinson2187

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Our defence needs to play a big game, as does Helle

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
For real, why is TSN and or sports channels pushing the idea that we all want a Toronto/Winnipeg final?

I have no desire to endure the fandom during a season where Leafs are good enough to make playoffs and actually win in them. Can you imagine the coverage? They already talk about Leafs during Jets intermissions and whistles.

I'll be watching the NBC feed tonight just for balanced coverage. ;)

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Only if the good guys are donning the powder blue jerseys

Croissant is 2-0 in that jersey .....
We are indeed wearing our Aviator jerseys tonight. This is from the "Know Before You Go" email I received this morning...
Come early and grab your complimentary Winnipeg Jets Aviator jersey themed Scotiabank scarf. Then, see the new Aviator jerseys live, starting with the warm-up skate at 5:30 PM!

Reactions: SUX2BU

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm really interested to see him on the left. That's where he was so dominant before he came to the NHL. The concern was play in his own end, but if the top D pairing of Morrissey and Trouba are playing with that top forward line, then I'm sure that they pick up some of the slack.

Really interested in this game for a lot of obvious reasons!

His 2 way game has improved. I don't mind seeing him on the left at this point. This is not the game I would pick for making that move but the top 6 was badly in need of a shake up. The same goes for Ehlers on the right. He is turning into an outstanding defensive winger - which is a good thing since he can't seem to finish right now.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

These leading questions are bs.

Montreal has the same points in less games as the Leafs. They are a good team, but it's not like some juggernaut is coming in. Just another tough game, as usual.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
It was a long time ago, but memories are long. Would love to see Ben address the dirty hit Kadri threw on him.

Buff and Kadri always seem to "run" into each other too.

Ben on the hit:

The hit:

Reactions: SUX2BU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->