GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto has a chance to take a stranglehold with two straight powerplays in a row, but as usual, finds a glorious way to give the opposition a chance to gain momentum. They won't get far in the playoffs with a useless powerplay. Against Montreal, yes, other teams, nope.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Oh but the narrative by a lot here is .....
Oh these are meaningless games .......
I always want a team that plays hard and tries every game

is it me or is our fan base number 1 at always making excuses for our sub par performances ?
And at mental gymnastics and acceptance of “ok “
Is it the fan base or this franchise hasn’t been the best at rewarding the fans with confidence?

It doesn’t make sense to me either. A great team that’s trying to forge a reputation as a champion should want to put its best foot forward every time they’re playing to prove how great they are. I don’t get why it’s fitting for teams like Colorado to go out and try to win a Presidents Trophy but Toronto needs to moth ball everyone out of fear of injury.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Toronto has a chance to take a stranglehold with two straight powerplays in a row, but as usual, finds a glorious way to give the opposition a chance to gain momentum. They won't get far in the playoffs with a useless powerplay. Against Montreal, yes, other teams, nope.

Bruh...it's ok. People are saying they're not trying.

Stupid Jets for trying!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Just got back to the thread, are we critiquing the goalie tonight or just blaming Reilly?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It doesn’t make sense to me either. A great team that’s trying to forge a reputation as a champion should want to put its best foot forward every time they’re playing to prove how great they are. I don’t get why it’s fitting for teams like Colorado to go out and try to win a Presidents Trophy but Toronto needs to moth ball everyone out of fear of injury.

I am not sure if these guys "get it" yet.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Winning the president's trophy and locking up first in the division was a lot more meaningful than this game is. 5th or 6th overall isn't a substantial difference

Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad