GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
If leafs get 1 or 2 pts, they would avoid Vegas or Colorado (assuming one of those 2 teams make it out of the division) until the finals right?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
It doesn’t make sense to me either. A great team that’s trying to forge a reputation as a champion should want to put its best foot forward every time they’re playing to prove how great they are. I don’t get why it’s fitting for teams like Colorado to go out and try to win a Presidents Trophy but Toronto needs to moth ball everyone out of fear of injury.
Yep
I guess I’m just tired of excuses for everything and mediocrity and all these funky weird losses over the years
Just want a solid quiet elite hard working top 5 team year in and year out that competes for the cup every year ...
Guess that’s weird ..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Winning the president's trophy and locking up first in the division was a lot more meaningful than this game is. 5th or 6th overall isn't a substantial difference

Well the spread here is they can finish 4th overall or 6th. But more importantly, why don’t they just want to flex? To use another example, I doubt Chara, Bergeron or Marchand ever looked a game and said “yeah we could lose this one, don’t need it.”

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Jet Li

Wow, that dude is older than me.
Jet, Jet, Jet
I can almost remember
The funny faces
That time you told me
That you were going to be marrying soon
And jet, I thought
The only lonely place was on the moon
Jet, ooh, Jet, ooh
Jet, was your father as bold
As a Sergeant Major?
Oh, how come he told you
That you hardly old enough yet?
And Jet, I thought the Major
Was a Lady Suffragette
Jet, ooh, Jet, ooh
Ah, mater, want Jet to always love me
Ah, mater, much later
Jet
Jet, I thought the Major
Was a little Lady Suffragette
Jet, ooh, Jet, ooh
Ah, mater, much later

Reactions: Rocker13

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yep
It’s I guess I’m just tired of excuses for everything and mediocrity and all these funky weird losses over the years
Just want a solid quiet elite hard working top 5 team year in and year out that competes for the cup every year ...
Guess that’s weird ..

Yeah, just lock it down, win 3-1 and pack it in.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Well the spread here is they can finish 4th overall or 6th. But more importantly, why don’t they just want to flex? To use another example, I doubt Chara, Bergeron or Marchand ever looked a game and said “yeah we could lose this one, don’t need it.”

Seriously, it's not like the Jets is a powerhouse like Vegas or Colorado...meaningless game is a really bad excuse to lose to the Jets tonight.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
They can flex about their playoff performance, not a regular season game against Winnipeg

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I know it's been a meaningless game

But Nylander has be an offensive impact in games. He can't have a hot shift and then take rest of the night off

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Jet, Jet, Jet
I can almost remember
The funny faces
That time you told me
That you were going to be marrying soon
And jet, I thought
The only lonely place was on the moon
Jet, ooh, Jet, ooh
Jet, was your father as bold
As a Sergeant Major?
Oh, how come he told you
That you hardly old enough yet?
And Jet, I thought the Major
Was a Lady Suffragette
Jet, ooh, Jet, ooh
Ah, mater, much later
Jet
Jet, I thought the Major
Was a little Lady Suffragette
Jet, ooh, Jet, ooh
Ah, mater, much later
I always thought 'suffering jet' was the proper lyric.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I know it's been a meaningless game

But Nylander has be an offensive impact in games. He can't have a hot shift and then take rest of the night off
It’s not like anyone else is showing up. Terrible effort from the team, all included

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Paul Maurice with his 5d chess winning the game. Pretending his team wasn't going to play hard and lulled the Leafs into rolling over. Another lesson for Keef I suppose.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I'd be more critical of the players if the Jet's coach didn't outright say that there's somewhat of a gentlemen's agreement.

Reactions: Mats13

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Me? I rarely blame a goalie.

However, I was just under the impression you were supposed to stop 2 on 1's and shots from the corner.

No, it's the shots from the point and losing the puck that has everyone lacking confidence in a particular goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad