GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
We have a 30 goal scorer, a 40 goal scorer and a 50 goal scorer on the PP.

But 90% of the time the puck is in the hands of two guys that combine for 30 most years.

Why aren't we scoring more, sooo hard to figure out.
AND Marner happens to be one of the best set up men in the league.... mind blowing

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Bh6MZs1CcAAb5RJ.jpg
upload_2021-5-14_21-50-10.jpeg

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Oh but the narrative by a lot here is .....
Oh these are meaningless games .......
I always want a team that plays hard and tries every game

is it me or is our fan base number 1 at always making excuses for our sub par performances ?
And at mental gymnastics and acceptance of “ok “
Is it the fan base or this franchise hasn’t been the best at rewarding the fans with confidence?

We're oldtimers buddy. We'll beat 'em with experience. :D

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Simmonds isnt going full out because he didn't doesn't want to risk injury. Game one he'll go full out.
You'd expect your vets to be more conservative in these practise games but Spezza's play is almost night and day from his age group. Plus he's playing a role he's not used to on the PK (albeit only for faceoffs). I'd keep him for next if he doesn't want to retire.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
His quirky personality got him on TV. Sometimes he whines too much, but at least he's not boring.

He started as a grumpy, serious guy then morphed into the comic relief/side show.

In the end it's just entertainment so balance is needed to keep viewers interest. Too much of one isn't ideal.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It might be apprehension from the million shorthanded chances his unit has given up. He only seems to pass to Marner when #16 is closer to the blue line, especially when there isn't a Jets forward up high, which eliminates any one-touch pass play from Mitch. Slow, almost deliberate skating along the blue line from Rielly too, which are basically the two biggest issues if you're a PP QB. He's being too safe, not confident at all with the puck on his stick.

Yeah exactly. It’s pretty telling that they threw Sandin in his spot there for a time. You can QB a PP if you’re playing scared and will only move it to one “safe” area and completely cut off flow to the entire right side of the ice out of fear.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I like anyone that doesn't take themselves too seriously. He's basically the anti-Ron MacLean. Interestingly enough, I've always disliked guys like MacLean.

I can't stand Ron anymore. There was a time him Ron was actually very funny on TV and was a bit controversial
Now he's just too political and politically correct

Reactions: moon111

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Or it's meaningless game?

The Leafs are good, but I don’t good enough to talk about load management and mailing it in for “meaningless games.” Why is it okay for Colorado to go out and win Game 56 for the Presidents Trophy but not for the Leafs to finish as high as possible and earn as much of a home ice advantage as they can for later in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->