GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Is it not clear enough why the Leafs PP suck so bad? #1 reason is Rielly as the PP quarterback.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I don't care about 4th overall but I care about finishing ahead of PIT so we can avoid COL/LV until the final. I believe we need a point tonight to do that, at least but not sure, perhaps someone else knows better.

If we need a point to finish ahead of PIT then it's pretty important actually. Not crucial or anything but I'd much rather face PIT/WSH/CAR/NYI or whoever in the 3rd round instead of COL/LV.
upload_2021-5-14_21-41-15.png

It looks like we have the seeding now. The NHL also filter their divisions based on the top teams point total. When the Leafs were in first place, the north was listed 1st, and when The north was 4th, they were then listed as the 4th division.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
The last 5 periods I'm not seeing a team that can impose it's will on a lesser team.

Maybe a bit of foreshadowing in round 1...

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
that's what she said with very little admiration:naughty:
First she said .....
Oh my God... what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?

God, this place is bigger than our whole apartment.

You like the tube, huh? Can I get a drink of water? Can I get YOU a drink of water?

Oh, wow! Look at this tub? Wanna take a bath?

What are you watching? Hello?

Hey, are you feeling okay?

weeweeballs

Jan 22, 2021
just to pile on, Rielly also contributes nothing to PP zone entries with his slow stroll up the ice with the drop pass that everyone anticipates

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
View attachment 433993

It looks like we have the seeding now. The NHL also filter their divisions based on the top teams point total. When the Leafs were in first place, the north was listed 1st, and when The north was 4th, they were then listed as the 4th division.
That's because the Leafs have played fewer games. If they get zero tonight, Pittsburgh will pass on the total goals tiebreaker.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
First she said .....
Oh my God... what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?

God, this place is bigger than our whole apartment.

You like the tube, huh? Can I get a drink of water? Can I get YOU a drink of water?

Oh, wow! Look at this tub? Wanna take a bath?

What are you watching? Hello?

Hey, are you feeling okay?

that's it I'm pluggin in my strat:laugh:

Reactions: Teeder Keon

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
feels like its not just the fan pages noticing the major regression that is Rielly ... can only ignore so much poor play this year and last for it to eventually Have to get brought up

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
dont know many pro athletes that have let thmselves go like o-dog. I wonder what will become of Kessel 5 to 10 yrs after he is retired LMAO

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
One thing I notice is pretty weird about his tendencies on the PP is he doesn’t like passing to his right on the point. Completely wasted Matthews for long stretches this year preferring to pitch to Marner on the LW. And even on the most recent PP you’ll notice he kept dumping it towards Tavares and Matthews on the LW wall as opposed to moving to Nylander on the right.
It might be apprehension from the million shorthanded chances his unit has given up. He only seems to pass to Marner when #16 is closer to the blue line, especially when there isn't a Jets forward up high, which eliminates any one-touch pass play from Mitch. Slow, almost deliberate skating along the blue line from Rielly too, which are basically the two biggest issues if you're a PP QB. He's being too safe, not confident at all with the puck on his stick.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Off the roster this summer...

Reilly: 5.0m
Anderson: 5.0m
Kerfoot (Seattle) 3.5m
Galchenyuk: 1.05m
Dermott: 875k
Thornton: 700k
Simmonds: 500k (pay cut to 1.0m to stay)

Total: 16.625m

You can do a lot with that money to add to this core...

Hyman-Mattews-Marner
?-Tavares-Nylander
?-?-Mikheyev
Simmonds-Engvall-Spezza

Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-Holl
?-Bogosian
?-Liljegren

Campbell
?

With the right moves, Dubas could ice a monster. Especially if he can return a quality roster forward with skill and grit, in a Reilly trade, to fill the role Foligno is playing right now.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
The last 5 periods I'm not seeing a team that can impose it's will on a lesser team.

Maybe a bit of foreshadowing in round 1...
Oh but the narrative by a lot here is .....
Oh these are meaningless games .......
I always want a team that plays hard and tries every game

is it me or is our fan base number 1 at always making excuses for our sub par performances ?
And at mental gymnastics and acceptance of “ok “
Is it the fan base or this franchise hasn’t been the best at rewarding the fans with confidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad