The Star: Leafs Jersey in Blocks of Ice Appear overnight around T.O.

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
here are the ones found and already broken so far incase you had plans to go there later

Toronto Star – 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON

Scotiabank – 145 King St.

High Park – Bloor and Parkside, Toronto ON

Ramsden – 1020 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON

Trinity Park – Queen Street West on the south and Dundas Street

Nathan Philips Square – Queen and Bay St. Toronto, ON

Mastercard Centre – 400 Kipling Ave. Etobicoke, ON M8V3L1

MLSQ - 65 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto, ON M5J 0A6

Ted Reeve Arena – 175 Main Street Toronto

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
I got the one at Scotia Plaza :yo:

BA56rnyCQAAHJKL.jpg:large

Hammer and screw driver? nice work...i work a block away

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
its a creative and unique idea but they're saying sorry by asking us to randomly trek to unspecified locations with an unpleasant windchill - have you gone outside yet? a cool idea for normal season marketing, but not much of a 'sorry'

They are saying sorry by giving away tickets. Their other responsibility is to try and create some excitement and to be positive. If you think they are going to grovel to get you back into hockey then you are crazy imo. I like this because its positive and a step forward.

Not every single action they do is going to revolve around "I'm sorry" which if they simply did that people would consider it phony. At least this shows that there was some thought put into it.

Its easy to give away tickets or cheap in-arena merchandise when you don't fill the building but when you have more people on a waiting list than you do tickets, discount seats hardly effects anybody. This is nice and frankly, the Leafs are one of the last teams I would blame for the lockout anyways. 1) They didn't leverage those terrible contracts and 2) They lost more money than probably any other team.

Cheer up and watch some hockey or don't but let's get real. There are many many more fans who care than there are people who think like you. At least in Toronto.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I got the one at Scotia Plaza :yo:

BA56rnyCQAAHJKL.jpg:large

That's awesome!!

So the jersey is signed as well??

I love this idea. Forget the buzzkills in this thread. This is so unique and fun! The milder Toronto winters in past years has made some of you soft if you think this weather is freezing cold.

Leafs12232

Feb 23, 2012
i would have liked to been able to buy tickets to the home opener like I've been able to the last 5 years through the presale/onsale

instead I wasted my time on it, when I could have been going for other games. they only announced after that all the tickets were being given out.

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
They are saying sorry by giving away tickets. Their other responsibility is to try and create some excitement and to be positive. If you think they are going to grovel to get you back into hockey then you are crazy imo. I like this because its positive and a step forward.

Not every single action they do is going to revolve around "I'm sorry" which if they simply did that people would consider it phony. At least this shows that there was some thought put into it.

Its easy to give away tickets or cheap in-arena merchandise when you don't fill the building but when you have more people on a waiting list than you do tickets, discount seats hardly effects anybody. This is nice and frankly, the Leafs are one of the last teams I would blame for the lockout anyways. 1) They didn't leverage those terrible contracts and 2) They lost more money than probably any other team.

Cheer up and watch some hockey or don't but let's get real. There are many many more fans who care than there are people who think like you. At least in Toronto.

I can still care and criticize thanks. Don't assume I don't care, I wish I had the time to go on this scavenger hunt. I still said it's a creative and cool idea. but in terms of putting thought into it, how is this any good for leafs fans not in downtown toronto? or leafs fans who work or go to school?

Last edited:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I can still care and criticize thanks. Don't assume I don't care, I wish I had the time to go on this scavenger hunt. I still said it's a creative and cool idea. but in terms of putting thought into it, how is this any good for leafs fans not in downtown toronto? or leafs fans who work or go to school?

You're right, they should have done flyovers all across Ontario and dropped signed jerseys from the sky.

You're NEVER going to please everybody. This is a great idea, there are tons of kids out and about today, and a number of other people who can't or don't work at this time of day. Its a great idea and opportunity to create a buzz.

They're also doing a number of promotional/givaway stuff around local arenas this weekend... opportunity to help all of those "leaf fans who work or go to school" and feel spurned like you do.

Syn3rgetic

Boats the Burn
Apr 10, 2010
Markham
Man I ****ing want a jersey. Haven't been able to afford one with the fiance and mortgage. sigh. I still only have a practice jersey circa 2004

Syn3rgetic

Boats the Burn
Apr 10, 2010
Markham
You're right, they should have done flyovers all across Ontario and dropped signed jerseys from the sky.

You're NEVER going to please everybody. This is a great idea, there are tons of kids out and about today, and a number of other people who can't or don't work at this time of day. Its a great idea and opportunity to create a buzz.

They're also doing a number of promotional/givaway stuff around local arenas this weekend... opportunity to help all of those "leaf fans who work or go to school" and feel spurned like you do.

Yeah, and the Leaf fans in Vancouver, and Hong Kong, Japan and India...what about them? Leafs should have thought that through. :sarcasm::shakehead

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
How can they please everyone? They can't give away like 5 million Leafs jerseys to satisfy everyone in the GTA.

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
wow. my point was they could have considered other things which would be nice for leafs fans all over toronto, i still think the current ideas are good, but way to misinterpret and go overboard with what i meant...:handclap: I'm a huge leafs fan just like all of you, so chill out people are allowed to play devils advocate and still be positive

Last edited:

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Honestly, with everything that that MLSE has done/is doing (the free tickets and other merchandise, the free night to watch the away game at the ACC next Saturday, now this promotion), this organization has rally gone a step above most other teams, from what I've seen. Having fans out and about wearing their Leaf gear (in order to possibly win free tickets to the home opener) should be a great way to generate some buzz and excitement about the team. Good job.

Yeah i gotta admit, the richest team who doesn't have to do anything really seems to have done the most which is surprising. Not gonna lie, didn't expect that, especially free tickets for first game. The ice jersey's great thing as well.

Good job whoever made that decision. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad