The Star: Leafs Jersey in Blocks of Ice Appear overnight around T.O.

FireEverybody*

BRB GUYS

original.jpg

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Apparently the point of them is to break them open for the jersey, at least that's what it seems.

@MapleLeafs: Yup! RT @nth5ny: @MapleLeafs If we break it open, can we keep the jersey?

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
Honestly, with everything that that MLSE has done/is doing (the free tickets and other merchandise, the free night to watch the away game at the ACC next Saturday, now this promotion), this organization has rally gone a step above most other teams, from what I've seen. Having fans out and about wearing their Leaf gear (in order to possibly win free tickets to the home opener) should be a great way to generate some buzz and excitement about the team. Good job.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
Apparently the point of them is to break them open for the jersey, at least that's what it seems.

@MapleLeafs: Yup! RT @nth5ny: @MapleLeafs If we break it open, can we keep the jersey?

LOL, I got an old golf club at the office, maybe i should go take a few swings at the ice cubes by Union Station.

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
I think their thank you is generally stupid. So they thank us by making us go out in freezing cold weather searching randomly for leafs mobiles and iced jerseys, we are busting our ***** out in the cold, thanks MLSE!

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Leaf players and management repeatedly acknowledged all week long that the franchise is blessed with the “greatest hockey fans in the world,” and the ice blocks are part of the organization’s way of thanking those fans.

Wow, thanks a million for the blocks of ice, MLSE!

All kidding aside, pretty cool.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Damnit..I saw one of those, thought of breaking it but then I started thinking "what would other people think?"

:( I didn't know they were meant to be broken.

I think they are being funny when they say you can break it. I don't think I can break it..

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
-6 is cold?

-6 you just put socks on in your sandals.

A lot of people in Toronto have become a bit lazy to do anything on their own.

I've got a friend who drives down to the next block when he wants lunch, coffee, cash from ATM machine etc...

It's a 2 minute walk.

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
I like these ice blocks. They're actually pretty nice looking and adds excitement and buzz around the city. Wonder how hard the ice blocks are to break?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I like these ice blocks. They're actually pretty nice looking and adds excitement and buzz around the city. Wonder how hard the ice blocks are to break?

Can you imagine breaking off the ice and theres like a plexiglass display case that its enclosed in:laugh:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Considering these ice blocks are all in Toronto, they should melt on their own fairly quickly.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I think their thank you is generally stupid. So they thank us by making us go out in freezing cold weather searching randomly for leafs mobiles and iced jerseys, we are busting our ***** out in the cold, thanks MLSE!

If it were up to you, the Leafs would drive right up to your door and give you free tickets to every game for the rest of your life, right? Some people are never happy.

Drew, it feels like -15 outside. I wouldn't count on them to melt on their own.

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
If it were up to you, the Leafs would drive right up to your door and give you free tickets to every game for the rest of your life, right? Some people are never happy.

its a creative and unique idea but they're saying sorry by asking us to randomly trek to unspecified locations with an unpleasant windchill - have you gone outside yet? a cool idea for normal season marketing, but not much of a 'sorry'

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Not on its own but some dry twigs and a flint lighter should do the trick:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad