The Star: Leafs Jersey in Blocks of Ice Appear overnight around T.O.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
its a creative and unique idea but they're saying sorry by asking us to randomly trek to unspecified locations with an unpleasant windchill - have you gone outside yet? a cool idea for normal season marketing, but not much of a 'sorry'

It's winter. Hockey is a winter sport. We don't live in Cancun that it's going to be pleasant outside in the dead of January. I don't really see what else they can do to say sorry. Along with the apology letter posted by MLSE and these random giveaways and taking care of the fans, this is how sorry is said.

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
I heard that by some magical property only a true starting goalie and first line center can remove the jersey from the block of ice and so they shall be decreed upon completion of the task.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It's winter. Hockey is a winter sport. We don't live in Cancun that it's going to be pleasant outside in the dead of January. I don't really see what else they can do to say sorry. Along with the apology letter posted by MLSE and these random giveaways and taking care of the fans, this is how sorry is said.

Probably too late to warn about tongue's and frozen objects?

thebear

Nov 18, 2009

some ticket discounts or free leafs tv would be nice..or actually mentioning some places where they will be

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
its a creative and unique idea but they're saying sorry by asking us to randomly trek to unspecified locations with an unpleasant windchill - have you gone outside yet? a cool idea for normal season marketing, but not much of a 'sorry'

Its not that cold:laugh: Not to mention im not really sure what more they couldve done to accommodate you:huh: maybe free Leafs TV for the year, or donate the 2 million that they would lose in sales to the city instead, but then again not directly affecting you.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
some ticket discounts or free leafs tv would be nice

At the end of the day, they still have a business to run and giving away huge freebies like the ones suggested by you, are not good for business.

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
At the end of the day, they still have a business to run and giving away huge freebies like the ones suggested by you, are not good for business.

yeah I'm sure that would really hurt the wealthy giant that is MLSE..have you read what florida is doing? that isn't necessarily good for business either, but they are still doing it.

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
Can you imagine breaking off the ice and theres like a plexiglass display case that its enclosed in:laugh:

:laugh: I guess if the case was movable it would be a cool display for someone. Although if I found a case after all that hard work, I'd be pissed :P

I think what I like most about this is that it's creative. Giving away tickets to the first game seemed like an easy one to do, but this gets to the people walking around the city who may not have been thinking "Leafs" or following them online.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Good on MLSE for doing these different promotions. Its funny that everyone is mad at them but MLSE would probably prefered to be playing instead of locking the players out. People didn't get to watch hockey for a few months:cry: they lost a ******** of money in that time:rant:.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
yeah I'm sure that would really hurt the wealthy giant that is MLSE..have you read what florida is doing? that isn't necessarily good for business either, but they are still doing it.

Except Florida struggles to get fans in. Toronto doesn't. Florida is greatly affected by the lockout. Toronto isn't.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
-6 is cold?

-6 you just put socks on in your sandals.
Yeah really lol.

-26 here, left like -33 yesterday.

-23, feels like -32 today. Would love to have some -6 weather.

I actually like the idea, anyone know if the jerseys had names on them?

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
Except Florida struggles to get fans in. Toronto doesn't. Florida is greatly affected by the lockout. Toronto isn't.

yeah I know that. but the bottom line is teams like florida had a better "sorry".

Areathrasher

Jan 11, 2012
Port Credit, ON
I got the one at Scotia Plaza :yo:

BA56rnyCQAAHJKL.jpg:large

TML g u n n e R s*

FML should have not slept in -__-... going tomm for sure

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Honestly, with everything that that MLSE has done/is doing (the free tickets and other merchandise, the free night to watch the away game at the ACC next Saturday, now this promotion), this organization has rally gone a step above most other teams, from what I've seen. Having fans out and about wearing their Leaf gear (in order to possibly win free tickets to the home opener) should be a great way to generate some buzz and excitement about the team. Good job.

Agreed, I'm impressed

mrburke

Mar 5, 2010
kitchener
Honestly I love these ideas it's creating a buzz around the city, people watching as a guy breaks a ice block to get to a jersey is a pretty unique and awesome event

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: