M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
200w.gif

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Fail to see how this upgrades the Leafs blueline and you still have to pay him $6 million next year. Gross. Better hope Dubas has something better up his sleeve than this.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Dubas “ OK, so we got a deal, our first round draft pick, and Matthew Knies for Timo Meier, Sound Good?

Other GM “ Sounds good, sorry for the bad audio connection, leafs First, and Knies for Myer….s.

Dubas “ Sorry I had trouble hearing that “

Other GM “ Sounds good. We have a deal.

Dubas “ Okay Great, Thanks Mike “

Allvin “ … *Hangs up*

Reactions: Auston Escobar

lawrence

May 19, 2012

As the Vancouver Canucks navigate Brock Boeser, Luke Schenn and Conor Garland trade discussions, talks surrounding Tyler Myers have picked up steam.

The Canucks have been engaged in trade talks with the Toronto Maple Leafs, whom have been suggesting to everyone that their focus is on upgrading up front, about a Myers deal. There appears to be steady traction there, from what I’ve been told.

Leafs GM Kyle Dubas is exploring all his options, at both ends of the ice, but it seems talks with Vancouver on Myers have shifted his focus for the time being.

Myers has one-year left on his contract and comes with a $6 million salary cap hit. The Canucks, I presume, would retain part of his deal to make a deal happen. Myers also owns a 10-team no-trade list, but the Leafs are not on it.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
It's not impossible that Dubas called Allvin inquiring about the price on Myers. It's clear that Dubas is willing to look at creative ways to solve areas of need for cheap in terms of assets or cap (e.g. Murray, dumpster diving in FA, etc). But I just don't see a fit here, so I doubt this would happen.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed..If Myers is paired with the right D man, a backup to reduce some of his adventures, he can be effective..All of the Canucks D have been bad (minus Schenn) this season, they just dont fit/play well together.

Once they leave the Canucks, they play better.
ISnt Hughes more than a ppg and a plus 13? As great as Hughes is he can’t even carry Myers. There is no way the Leafs want Myers.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
6’8” RHD who can play high minutes for 6mil per year… Some GM is going to take a chance on that…

I personally don’t think Myers is that bad, just doesn’t fit the Canucks blue line with Hughes and OEL on the left side.

Reactions: Cogburn

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Myers peaked when he won rookie of the year.
Guys been collecting checks since.
He had a nice playoff for us in 2018, with 4 goals/ 7 points in 16 games. On a team that had Buff and Trouba he was at times the best defenseman on that team...Next year he was ok, played top 4 effectively while the Jets had injuries to Buff and Morrissey, but he was mediocre in the playoffs. Canucks did us a favour signing him to a deal we could never match, and then taking Poolman off our team two years later at above market value.

I think he deserves another playoff run in his career and it's hard to say when or if that will come in Vancouver.
For Toronto I'm not sure where he fits, or who he displaces...

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
ISnt Hughes more than a ppg and a plus 13? As great as Hughes is he can’t even carry Myers. There is no way the Leafs want Myers.
Hughes and Myers have never gelled…both PMD’s..This was apparent right from the get go in 2019..

Again..I think that Myers could be effective with the right partner

At the end of the day..It’s out of our hands if he becomes a Leaf or remains a Canuck.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
If you would like me to explain in great detail why you're dumb, feel free to DM me.

I don't like seeing blatant con artists walk around without reproach. I'll take these snide little remarks from the dullards if it means these charlatans have some blowback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad