Rumor: Leafs Interested in Tyler Myers #61

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
How much cap do the Leafs have this year anyways?
How can they afford Myers + Garland at 2.5m

Quite a bit. Muzzin's NHL career is done so they have his LTIR room. They can also carry a short roster like 21 man instead of 23 and have 6+ in space. If they dump salary like Kerfoot in this deal, they can easily fit it in.

Reactions: HofT

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I have seen many players that were Awful and suddenly get traded to a "Good / Great" Team and suddenly play much better.

Matheson is a good example, and Gudbranson in Calgary (Not so much CBJ)
Agreed..If Myers is paired with the right D man, a backup to reduce some of his adventures, he can be effective..All of the Canucks D have been bad (minus Schenn) this season, they just dont fit/play well together.

Once they leave the Canucks, they play better.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Myers played well last year but this year there has been a regression for him and the whole team.
Canucks have 3 LTIR players that may never play again: Pearson, Poolman and Ferland.
So approximately 9 Million (pro-rated) this year and 6M LTIR next year the Leafs could trade for in a trade for Myers.

So if the Leafs are willing to take on Myers and all the salaries, the LTIR deduction may balance his salary.

I suppose the canucks would have to take on a few contracts to keep the Leafs below the 50 that are allowed.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'd take Myers at 50% retained. 3m for a guy who's 6'8 every day and right handed? I mean, he's not good, but he plays 20 minutes a night. I can see Myers being serviceable on a Leafs team that's got a good blueline and needs a third pairing guy who can weather the physical forecheck that we're going to see against Tampa and Boston.

2nd round pick and we're off, defensive depth feeling pretty good. Maybe we pony up for the double retention, idc.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Myers not what he once was but I feel it would be a good form for the leafs. Depending on the price though obviously

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
car.jpg

Salesman: *slaps roof* this giraffe can cause so much chaos

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Myers actually has an interesting ability to be good defensively, or good offensively, but never both at the same time.
He's a good add for a contender because he brings that big dick energy to the rest of the team, regardless of his own play. People are less likely to take a run at a goalie when they know Myers is out against them the next shift. Myers isn't a very aggressive player, but he's a veteran and in a specific deterrent role he can excel.

• Haha
Reactions: Bellzy and Jets 31

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
This doesn't even make sense at all

The Leafs right side is set with Brodie/Liljergen/Holl as the 3 for the rest of the year. Next season Timmins will likely replace Holl and we'll run Brodie/Lilly/Timmins

We don't need an RD, an LD is the priority. Nevermind the fact that Myers is ASS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad