Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
That would be an odd trade, wonder what Canucks would get

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I could see a Garland and Myers package actually if the combined salary made sense...So some retention. Return would probably be some cap going back like Kerfoot and then some prospects and a few draft picks.. Likely something like a 2nd + 4th + kerfoot + b prospect for Garland @2.5 AAV + Myers

In the offseason Leafs can flip Myers for a year to someone, he is big and can skate. Leafs add a guy they think can be a top6 scorer for cheap for several years

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That would be an odd trade, wonder what Canucks would get
Well you would need a ton of Cap to come back from the Leafs.
Myers has a cap of 6m per year.

The only way you get value from Myers is if the Canucks decide to Retain a significant amount of cap, Which could be a problem since he has 1 more year left.

If they plan to "Tank" Then eating 2 or 3 this and next year is fine.

Kerfoot is the guy I think the Leafs could add as a cap Dump, But he is only 1 year.
Pierre Engvall is another guy that could be in the deal, Again he is only signed for 1 year.

I don't see anybody else.

Something like Kerfoot + Engvall + 2nd for Myers (Retain 2m)
I just don't see how this makes sense or works for the leafs.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I could see a Garland and Myers package actually if the combined salary made sense...So some retention. Return would probably be some cap going back like Kerfoot and then some prospects and a few draft picks.. Likely something like a 2nd + 4th + kerfoot + b prospect for Garland @2.5 AAV + Myers

In the offseason Leafs can flip Myers for a year to someone, he is big and can skate. Leafs add a guy they think can be a top6 scorer for cheap for several years
How much cap do the Leafs have this year anyways?
How can they afford Myers + Garland at 2.5m

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Return would probably be some cap going back like Kerfoot and then some prospects and a few draft picks.. Likely something like a 2nd + 4th + kerfoot + b prospect for Garland @2.5 AAV + Myers
Garland at 3.5 years left at 5m.

There is NO chance the canucks will retain 3.5 more years of Garland at 50% (2.5m x 3.5) Unless Multiple picks come back, Including a first.

Garland is a good player, at 2.5m thats ridiculous value.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Myers is ASS
I have seen many players that were Awful and suddenly get traded to a "Good / Great" Team and suddenly play much better.

Matheson is a good example, and Gudbranson in Calgary (Not so much CBJ)

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

vancouver isn't going to retain 50% for 3 and 1/2 years. the cost would be through the roof for the leafs too.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have seen many players that were Awful and suddenly get traded to a "Good / Great" Team and suddenly play much better.

Matheson is a good example, and Gudbranson in Calgary (Not so much CBJ)

Myers peaked when he won rookie of the year.
Guys been collecting checks since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad