Friedman: Leafs interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If Bertuzzi is healthy, the terms of an extension is agreed to as part of the deal and the return includes Robertson as the main piece, if I'm Dubas I don't hesitate.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Gotta imagine it’s Sandin plus
While the Leafs may have a few decent pieces: Sandin, Robertson, Amirov, 1sts ('21/'22) only Sandin checks our Needs box. We're flush with wingers on the roster & in the system. While Robertson may be an upgrade on some, possibly Amirov TBD, they're not young projected Top6C's/ Top4D's.

Bert is a unique player whose value us much greater than his counting stats, GM's & most fans know this. (look at Hyman).

So a futures package of: LD Sandin + 1st ('21/'22-DET chooses) + Amirov (prefer Robertson) + Mikheyev + Kerfoot?/Cap Dump to fit cap.

for

Bertuzzi (signed/extended to a team friendly deal)
DET 2nd

this Top6 would scare the sh*t outta most teams:
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
So a futures package of: LD Sandin + 1st ('21/'22-DET chooses) + Amirov (prefer Robertson) + Mikheyev + Kerfoot?/Cap Dump to fit cap.

for

DET 2nd

Hyman-Matthews-Marner

I don't think any team would be scared of those Leaf Top6 and I doubt if Hyman would even still be around. Detroit wouldn't even get half of the above in a trade and the "signed/extended to a team friendly deal" doesn't cost Detroit a dime and no one so far has being extended to a team friendly deal in Toronto, except for maybe Jason Spezza. Not happening.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
While the Leafs may have a few decent pieces: Sandin, Robertson, Amirov, 1sts ('21/'22) only Sandin checks our Needs box. We're flush with wingers on the roster & in the system. While Robertson may be an upgrade on some, possibly Amirov TBD, they're not young projected Top6C's/ Top4D's.

Bert is a unique player whose value us much greater than his counting stats, GM's & most fans know this. (look at Hyman).

for

DET 2nd

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
You're not getting Sandin + Robertson/Amirov + 1st round pick. Toronto doesn't have a 2021 1st either.

Reactions: hamzarocks

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

for

DET 2nd

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
That offer gets us Larkin and Bertuzzi

Insane overpayment

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Expect it would be one of Sandin/Robertson/Amirov and a first for Bert. Throw in a short term cap dump heading back to the Wings.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
People are showing interest in Bertuzzi and want to trade for him? Awesome! People actually watched him play!

Oh wait... they think he's a scum bag and his style of play is a concern for longevity? Nope. People still know nothing about him.

Reactions: newfy

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
People are showing interest in Bertuzzi and want to trade for him? Awesome! People actually watched him play!

Oh wait... they think he's a scum bag and his style of play is a concern for longevity? Nope. People still know nothing about him.
He is coming off a major back surgery? So people should just ignore that? Look at what happen to Lupul and Horton?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
He is coming off a major back surgery? So people should just ignore that? Look at what happen to Lupul and Horton?
Citing his injury is fine, I've said multiple times I don't get the sudden interest in him only AFTER the injury. That's different than citing his style of play

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Not surprising. I saw Brendan Shanahan in Montreal the day before the trade deadline. He was outside the Ritz Carlton on his phone, and I overheard him asking what the latest was on Bertuzzi. I wanted to say Hi but figured it wasn't a good time. lol

Reactions: Erndog

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Neither will Toronto.
Leafs will always be contending just blowing out early

Contending isn't winning unfortunately in Toronto. Just making the playoffs is the sign of a winner with MLSE not showing any indication the current management is under any pressure to win next year or risk losing their undeserved jobs.

With Yzerman the wings should take a few years longer to make the playoffs but when they contend it'll be for a Stanley cup

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Citing his injury is fine, I've said multiple times I don't get the sudden interest in him only AFTER the injury. That's different than citing his style of play
I don't follow you guys that closely, how did he hurt his back?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs will always be contending just blowing out early

Contending isn't winning unfortunately in Toronto. Just making the playoffs is the sign of a winner with MLSE not showing any indication the current management is under any pressure to win next year or risk losing their undeserved jobs.

With Yzerman the wings should take a few years longer to make the playoffs but when they contend it'll be for a Stanley cup

I disagree I think Dubas is under extreme pressure, I think he's going all in this year, REALLY go all in

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I disagree I think Dubas is under extreme pressure, I think he's going all in this year, REALLY go all in
Hopefully so. This is his final chance really

He gets the pieces that come up and end up winning us atleadt 2 rounds or he should be let go.

We've already dealt 1sts so now if we need to trade sandin/Robertson etc ti bring in good support pieces like Ekholm or Bertuzzi then go for it.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
No, it doesn't.

Sandin+ '22 1st + Mikheyev + Kerfoot (useful cap dump)

is what I'd expect Yzerman to fetch.
Leafs won't give an asset beyond Sandin for Bertuzzi even that's unlikely

He's a good 2nd line player who had a major injury this year.

He's not a star that's going to bring back a package of assets

We will see if kerfoot is a cap dump or not. 3.5M for a 30 point 3C is around fair value maybe 500k overpayment.

Mikheyev isn't a throw in and is a guy who could bring a 3rd+ back in a trade

Reactions: paulhiggins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad