Friedman: Leafs interested in Matthew Dumba

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Ya, lol...that's why i didn't post the link. The article stated " Kapanen may not be enough, the Ducks may demand a prospect like Bracco as well".
I read it earlier, bracco probably wouldn't peak anyones interest, he'd be just a throw in if anything

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
What about a Dermott & Johnnson for Dumba (provided Muzzy resigns) sign a veteran RHD FA 5 or 6 or resign Ceci.
Reilly-Dumba
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin - Lilly /Ceci. RHD FA
Marancin.- Ceci/RHD FA

I don't think Ceci will take a paycut though he should, but he has looked good with Sandin.
But oh lord Sandin has to get bigger/stronger.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Dumba going the other way makes it $18M.

Trading Foligno and Pateryn adds another $5M.

Marner coming in drops it back down to $12M.

We have arrived where we started.

Spewing bs? Good for you not to even take into effect the unrealistic nature that wild have one of the worst cap space in league & Kaprizov will be under wild contract longer than Marner

Wild literally have 10 mil to resign 2 restrictre free agents, bring on 1-2 centers & have money for youngster players but please add more money to wild book & trade a potential superstar on a cheap deal in Kaprizov and Dumba

Like some of you here are complete unrealistic

Your version of math has already been debunked by our resident doctor. See first quote. I mean, how much do you think Greenway, Kunin and Soucy are going to make?

Also, if you’d actually take a potential superstar whose never played an NHL game over Mitch Marner, who is a f***ing superstar, then arguing with you is pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 57special

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Depends on what you mean by a rebuild. I doubt that we're going to see a fire sale. But I also think that he's fairly content with a year or two drafting high if that's what naturally occurs by not throwing assets at short-term solutions.

Maybe that's more of a "retool", I don't know. Roster changes are going to happen regardless, due to being very LW-heavy and the expansion draft coming up.

My idea of a rebuild would be a total gut job of the roster. Basically, anything worth value gets traded & try to rid yourselves of any money for the next 2 years. Base your roster on expectations that you'll lean on Fiala, Donato, Erikson Ek & have guys you recently drafted like Kaprizov & Boldy come in to the roster in 2 years, plus guys you would draft within that time. In this scenario, you probably trade Dumba because his value at age 26 now is going to be better than age 28ish when those other guys impact your roster.

In my opinion, if you plan on doing a retool, trading Dumba wouldn't make any sense. You're not going to be able to get anything remotely close to value for him.

If it's a Leafs proposal to the first rebuild part, you're looking for 2-3 years down the road: Players from the Leafs that you would look at are Liljegren, Korshkov (based on the style that Wild play), Greenway (as a long term project) + NHL warm bodies like Dermott, Kerfoot, Johnsson + picks.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
If you are truly committing to a retool or even a rebuild, trading Dumba when his value is near it’s lowest point since he was draft is nonsensical. Especially if you are looking to make a trade near the deadline as you have even less options. This is a big reason why you have certain teams that never really emerge from their retool/rebuild.

If the Wild are going to move him, it would need to be in the summer when teams are more focused on hockey trades and more players are available off rosters. Moving a player like Dumba for parts will always be a loss.

Reactions: Bazeek

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What about a Dermott & Johnnson for Dumba (provided Muzzy resigns) sign a veteran RHD FA 5 or 6 or resign Ceci.
Reilly-Dumba
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin - Lilly /Ceci. RHD FA
Marancin.- Ceci/RHD FA

I don't think Ceci will take a paycut though he should, but he has looked good with Sandin.
But oh lord Sandin has to get bigger/stronger.
Why does Minnesota even entertain that trade? Try looking from both teams perspectives, not just Toronto’s...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Leafs don’t have the assets they would be willing to part with to acquire Dumba, Manson or Petry. They are better off going after the likes of Dillon or Larsson.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
If you are truly committing to a retool or even a rebuild, trading Dumba when his value is near it’s lowest point since he was draft is nonsensical. Especially if you are looking to make a trade near the deadline as you have even less options. This is a big reason why you have certain teams that never really emerge from their retool/rebuild.

If the Wild are going to move him, it would need to be in the summer when teams are more focused on hockey trades and more players are available off rosters. Moving a player like Dumba for parts will always be a loss.

Wild will never die a total rebuild, wild have too many no trade clause & also once again wild & Toronto aren't a fit

member 300185

Friedman has become a lot like Dreger, stirs the pot looking for hits. Has Friedman ever actually broken a trade before? This Dumba malarkey is pure nonsense.

member 300185

I just clicked on "Friedman" to check out all his speculations....not one right, or even close for that matter. Not just the leafs either, but all teams. Friedman is a lot like Eklund it seems, a lot of talk with nothing happening.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Funny, they were discussing a Kap for Dumba tonight on the pregame. I thought the Johnnson/Dermott offer was a better offer.

Funny enough this would never be accepted by wild. Take off the blinders

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Russo said on the Russo Souhan show that he heard a rumour from the Wild org, but couldn&#39;t confirm, that Paul Fenton offered Niederreiter and Dumba for Nylander during the contract dispute and Toronto said no. Also said Kapanen not really a fit bc Wild need Centre&#39;s not W</p>&mdash; J (@Account4hockey) <a href="">February 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Funny enough this would never be accepted by wild. Take off the blinders

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Russo said on the Russo Souhan show that he heard a rumour from the Wild org, but couldn&#39;t confirm, that Paul Fenton offered Niederreiter and Dumba for Nylander during the contract dispute and Toronto said no. Also said Kapanen not really a fit bc Wild need Centre&#39;s not W</p>&mdash; J (@Account4hockey) <a href="">February 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nylander has made himself untouchable this season. He's been better than Tavares the whole season and Marner for the last few months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad