Friedman: Leafs interested in Matthew Dumba

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Spewing bs? Good for you not to even take into effect the unrealistic nature that wild have one of the worst cap space in league & Kaprizov will be under wild contract longer than Marner

Wild literally have 10 mil to resign 2 restrictre free agents, bring on 1-2 centers & have money for youngster players but please add more money to wild book & trade a potential superstar on a cheap deal in Kaprizov and Dumba

Like some of you here are complete unrealistic
Here, i'll help you out. You would never need to worry about trading Kaprizov and Dumba for Marner. That opportunity will never be presented as an option.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Food for thought: Mike Russo said on his podcast today that a rumor that he’s heard from within the Wild organization is that, before Nylander signed his extension, Paul Fenton offered Dumba and Niederreiter for Nylander and Tor said no. Would’ve been over 11 million in cap going to Toronto.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Food for thought: Mike Russo said on his podcast today that a rumor that he’s heard from within the Wild organization is that, before Nylander signed his extension, Paul Fenton offered Dumba and Niederreiter for Nylander and Tor said no. Would’ve been over 11 million in cap going to Toronto.

He said it was speculation & I think he said came from wild organization

Mantooth

Mar 4, 2013
Let me get this straight: So there is a debate whether or not to have Kaprizov or Marner. Kaprizov has never even played in the NHL and he's more valuable than a 22-year old who scored 94 points last year and is on pace for 100 points this season?

Marner has a higher ppg in the NHL than Kaprizov does in the KHL. What in the world am I reading right now?
complete nonsense is what your reading.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
If it makes anyone feel better, I would personally put Marner and Drai in the same tier and would love to have either on my team.
Yeah I don't get all of the 'this guy vs that guy' debates, especially when both of them players would make any single team in the league better

Reactions: Bedards Dad

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I'd have to go back and look but I think it's mostly been getting hit with pucks. Nothing that's had lingering effects or indicated a chronic issue.
Some of those were because he was scratched. Outside of last year I don't think Dumba has dealt with anything outside of what NHL players normally deal with during season.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
What do the Wild fans feel like Billy G will do with the team within the next couple years?

Do you think that ownership will force more of a retool or will they give him a go-ahead for a rebuild?

Those answers would determine the package the Leafs would likely offer to the Wild.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
What do the Wild fans feel like Billy G will do with the team within the next couple years?

Do you think that ownership will force more of a retool or will they give him a go-ahead for a rebuild?

Those answers would determine the package the Leafs would likely offer to the Wild.

Wild aren't rebuilding at all. It will be retool on the fly. Listen to Russo podcast today.

Wild aren't a fit for Toronto. Wild need a c which Toronto doesn't have . Wild need a top 6 c . Toronto doesn't. Like Russo said today wild have too many wingers

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I know Craig felt we were "a tweak" away from deeper playoff runs when we hired Fenton and that Fenton agreed with that sentiment at the time of hire. Not sure we've heard in great detail what the prevailing attitudes were when BG was hired but i don't think it was as confident as that. I think BG likely was up front with the need for time and this would be his assessment year. more than likely they discussed loose benchmarks and what they'd do "if this happens by this time" etc. with regard to players' individual performances and the team as a whole. Don't think Craig will force anything, but he'll probably be pretty concerned if BG veers away from the loose plan they likely made around hiring. There's no way anyone would discuss outside of hockey ops what those thresholds are but if we're dangling Brodin and Dumba it seems like we crossed one.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Depends on what you mean by a rebuild. I doubt that we're going to see a fire sale. But I also think that he's fairly content with a year or two drafting high if that's what naturally occurs by not throwing assets at short-term solutions.

Maybe that's more of a "retool", I don't know. Roster changes are going to happen regardless, due to being very LW-heavy and the expansion draft coming up.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Screenshot_20200131-223244_Facebook.jpg
Found this interesting....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad