Dreger: Leafs in market for Shutdown D - Holland available

iBELEAF

May 30, 2011
Vancouver
Leafs should stay the course and get a defenseman during the offseason. No reason getting one now and then wasting a protecting spot when Reilly, Gardiner and Carrick are the leafs 3 for dmen.

Offseason they should look at

Shattenkirk, K.Russel, Fowler, Trouba, M. Stone, Alzner, J. Jonhson, E. Johnson

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pretty sure that Minny is seeking a top line Center for Brodin, At least that's what some Wild fans were saying.

The way Brodin is blossoming under Boudreau and Stevens it would take a lot to get Brodin. With Staal playing like a true #1c, and Ek's impressive showing early this year showing that he will likely be at least a 3C in the future, the Wild can be more flexible and simply take the most talented player available. I don't really think it's possible to get a true, first line player for him at this point unless said player has contract, injury, or age issues. I would think that the Wild would be better off looking for an elite prospect( Dubois, Dvorak), or a package involving at least one prospect who is has a chance to be elite plus a pick, or take a gamble on an underperforming young forward who they think might be a top performer such as Reinhart or Bennett.

The problem with those scenarios is that the gamble doesn't always work out. NYI would've demanded Brodin + Granlund+ 1st for Strome after his first season. Now he couldn't get even one of those pieces.

Myself, I think they should just hold onto him. He's only 23...with his skills, he'll probably be good for another 10 years at a minimum. This is not a plodding, thick guy who will be useless once he loses a step. This coaching staff has loosened the reins on him, and he has responded.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Leafs would like to trade a fringe NHL player for a top-4 defenseman. If only it were that easy.
Jesus, the number of people with reading disabilities in this thread is appalling. The OP posted two separate statements with no necessary link between them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad