Dreger: Leafs in market for Shutdown D - Holland available

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 1m1 minute ago

Dreger: Will come as no surprise that #Leafs have Peter Holland on the trade market. Has been in and out of the lineup.

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 51s51 seconds ago

Dreger: "Lou Lamoriello is also looking for a shutdown defenseman." Lot of teams in the market for D. #Leafs

My 2 cents - the defense thing could take months to play out, maybe all the way until July 1st. Pretty obvious that the defenseman and Holland are separate issues entirely as we're not getting anything special in a defenseman for Holland.

These were kind of obvious too. Of course we need to upgrade D and Holland has been scratched is on the market. Nothing groundbreaking.

Oct 18, 2011
Sounds like Kevin Bieksa is what you need, great PK'er, excellent on the PP, high defensive IQ. Exactly what the Leafs are seeking.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Wow, Holland is available? I thought he would be untouchable.

:sarcasm:

Yeah if the Leafs want a shutdown D for Holland they may have to bite the bullet and add Corrado to the trade.
You have to give to get. :sarcasm:

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
We don't need another Hunwick or Polak type.

We need a guy to turn our top 3 (Rielly, Zaitsev, Gardiner) into a top 4.

Obviously that would cost more than Holland. I don't expect us to make this kind of a move during the season, more of an off-season move.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I don't believe rumors when Lou is involved.

This is clearly Dregs putting two and two together - teams that have a need typically look to find ways to address them. Serviceable players who are being under utilized typically are traded to teams that can put them to better use.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Alex Biega for Holland would be a win for both teams. Benning will probably toss you a 2nd round pick for fun too.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Alex Biega for Holland would be a win for both teams. Benning will probably toss you a 2nd round pick for fun too.

These are two separate rumours. If we go after a Dman, I would expect the package to involve a lot bigger pieces than Holland.

Biega is no better than Marincin, Carrick, Hunwick, Polak, Corrado etc - he wouldn't help us in anyway.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Nah we'll take Stoner tho.

Stoner + Montour for Holland

go chase that cup ducks

I would absolutely salivate at the opportunity to get Montour but I know it will cost much more than Holland even if we are taking back a cap dump.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Wow Leafs management is such a joke, they tell us that we will finally be rebuilding and now they made a young and upcoming star in Holland available?

Danm, idk what to believe anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad