Rumor: Leafs heavily scouting Carolina

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Carolina is trading a RHD because they have 4 (Pesce, Faulk, Hamilton, TVR). They will absolutely have no use for Zaitsev, so no.
Yeah but they need a forward and we need to unload money sooooo

kb

Aug 28, 2009
how about trading none of them?
So what if don't win the cup this year, if we keep Kappy and Johnsson we could win it next year or the year after that- must get rid of this lose now so we can also lose tomorrow mentality - we may as well plan a cup parade in Wisconsin!
Trading our young kids has never gone well - like Tuka Rask is ever gonna win a series! - we need to break free from this idea that it is a smart plan to trade away kids, makes me cough up phlegm
Trading kids? Watch that movie about the aging starlet, Sunset Boulevard - staring Gloria Swanson
The only issue is re-signing them. Unless Zaitsev or Marleau magically disappear.

Reactions: AreBe

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
They probably ask for Bracco too.

Then Canes can GTFO

Leafs aren't that desperate IMO for that RHD; if really need a solid RHD then we gotta use Nylander for Parayko

right now I think Leafs are fine; lets first see what these guys do in the playoffs; no point in overpaying if we don't show up when the intensity is dialed up to 100 in the playoffs this season

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
CRAP forgot about Dermott. No I don't think he is exempt; we would have to protect Dermott

Assuming a Pesce trade happens, wouldn't Muzzin's current contract run out before the ED takes place? Mind you, we could quite possibly be heading to a situation where Dubas negotiates with Seattle to avoid any player on the "unprotected list".

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The way I see it, Bracco is going to be in tough to make the team in the next 1-2 years. He's the same player as Nylander and Marner but a tier down and our team has a lot of small players right now.

AJ
Bracco
Zaitsev(cap dump)

for

Pesce
+?

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Carolina is desperately trying to undo their ill fated Hanifin and Lindholm for Hamilton deal. I'd probably just try to get a great deal out of Waddell or no dice.
Definitely. But they aren't taking Zaitsev under any circumstances. Cheap owner, plus long term obligation to Z.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Johnsson is close to a 50 point pace playing on the 4th line.

He would probably be Carolina’s 2nd best forward. Even if they offered Pesce one for one I’d try and give them Bracco+ instead

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The way I see it, Bracco is going to get blocked. He's the same player as Nylander and Marner but a tier down and we can't have a team full of under sized, small forwards.

AJ
Bracco
Zaitsev(cap dump)

for

Pesce
+?
Why do people want to give a overpaid RD back to a team that currently has 4? Doesn't anyone think about what the other team needs, or just what the Leafs need, other team be damned?

Gives Leaf fans a baaaaad rep.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Assuming a Pesce trade happens, wouldn't Muzzin's current contract run out before the ED takes place? Mind you, we could quite possibly be heading to a situation where Dubas negotiates with Seattle to avoid any player on the "unprotected list".

My thoughts were based on the assumption that one of Gardiner (if he is extended) or Muzzin (if he is extended) stays with the team. If they are both gone our D core will be:

Rielly Pesce
Dermott Liljegren
Sandin Rosen/Holl/Borgman

ideally we want one of Gardiner or Muzzin to stay to run

Rielly Pesce
Muzzin/Gardiner Dermott
Rosen/Sandin Liljgren

Reactions: Buds17

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Why do people want to give a overpaid RD back to a team that currently has 4? Doesn't anyone think about what the other team needs, or just what the Leafs need, other team be damned?

Gives Leaf fans a baaaaad rep.

That's the price to acquire two top 6 wingers.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The way I see it, Bracco is going to be in tough to make the team in the next 1-2 years. He's the same player as Nylander and Marner but a tier down and our team has a lot of small players right now.

AJ
Bracco
Zaitsev(cap dump)

for

Pesce
+?

if that + is Ferland I say do it :yo:

Reactions: Cobra777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad