Rumor: Leafs heavily scouting Carolina

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada

I would say the hold up is Zaitsev, he would either need to be included in the package or traded to a different teamn. Aother hold up might be because Carolina might insist on getting a 1st back

Pesce is a good young (22) Dman who is still growing into his position on a really good contract

If the trade happens this is how I forsee the Defence over the next 3yrs

2018-19
Muzzin - Rielly
Gardiner - Pesce
Dermott - Hainsey

2019-20
Muzzin-Reilly
Dermott - Pesce
Rosen - Liljegren

2020-21
Rielly - Pesce
Dermott-Liljegren
Sandin - Rosen

By acquiring Pesce you allow players to grow into bigger responsibilities without rushing them

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I really like Johnsson. This game was a great example of what he can do.

But if he's the main piece in a Pesce trade, then yes please. I'll give him a drive to the airport.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Players like Johnsson that are effective and on low cap hits are critical in the cap world.

It would be difficult to see him go but the defense needs help and sadly there is nobody ready in the system yet

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I can't see this happening mid-season. Salary would surely need to head Carolina's way...

That said, I'd love to see our D lineup looking like this to start 2019-2020:

Rielly-Pesce
Muzzin-Liljegren/Zaitsev
Dermott-Zaitsev/Liljegren

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He’s been playing great the entire time. Not concerned with his game at all, he’s one of our most consistent forwards
I think his play the last month or so has been worse than previous months for sure but that can be said of a lot of the team

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
If we get Pesce for Johnsson as the main piece I'm gonna laugh my ass off. The main boards spent so long telling us it's Nylander we need to give up to get Pesce.
Nylander++ in recent times

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If we get Pesce for Johnsson as the main piece I'm gonna laugh my ass off. The main boards spent so long telling us it's Nylander we need to give up to get Pesce.

It would be KK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad