Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed Frank Corrado to a 1 year 1 way 600k contract.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Again - meh.

I smell a trade realllllll soon. Like within a few hours soon :sarcasm:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I just want to be honest...

Leaf fan in Van. I don't see it, his NHL game. I thought he blew chunks here and he finished dead last in Tor. I would have punted him. Carrick for me. Trade this stiff.Small, almost no offense meh... Waiver him and no one bites. Must be expansion fodder.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He's depth and will probably get waived. Had good/bad moments. Carrick should be able to beat him out for a roster spot.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
He's bloody useless. No idea why him or Holland were resigned

Thanks for the insight.

Always good to see fans of rebuilding teams rip into developing players and call then bloody useless.

Thank god our management has a clue now to ignore these comments so as to not throw away another Stralman because "he's useless".

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Leaf fan in Van. I don't see it, his NHL game. I thought he blew chunks here and he finished dead last in Tor. I would have punted him. Carrick for me. Trade this stiff.

Id have to agree with you. However let Marincin be a cautious tale. Early in the year i was cursing at the television wondering how Marincin was playing in the NHL. He was nervous with the puck, slow, erratic, always out of position but Babcock kept putting him out there. When Hunwick went down Marincin's play literally took a 180. Was probably our most poised dman in our zone. Had an excellent stick, always in the right position. He also seemed to help elevate Rielly's game.

Im happy to keep him and see if he can figure it out. Takes MUCH longer for Dmen to adjust to the NHL as we saw with Gardiner as-well

Last edited:

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Both of these 1 year deals just buy the youth 1 more year.

By this time next year both Holland and Corrado are likely elsewhere and replaced from within by internal depth.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Id have to agree with you. However let Marincin be a cautious tale. Early in the year i was cursing at the television wondering how Marincin was playing in the NHL. He was nervous with the puck, slow, erratic, always out of position but Babcock kept putting him out there. When Hunwick went down Marincin's play literally took a 360. Was probably our most poised dman in our zone. Had an excellent stick, always in the right position. He also seemed to help elevate Rielly's game.

Im happy to keep him and see if he can figure it out. Takes MUCH longer for Dmen to adjust to the NHL as we saw with Gardiner as-well

I think you mean 180 :sarcasm:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Holland I still have an appreciation for.

Corrado, didn't really stand out to me as someone we need in any way.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
I don't get all the hate for Corrado. I thought he came in and held his own considering he was pretty much just practicing for the first half of the season.

Mr Hockey*

Hopefully they give him decent minutes and let him develop a bit, the kid has a lot of upside.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He's 23 with promise on a one year deal
Not sure why you wouldn't give him a shot
Took his press-box time like a pro and wants to be here

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hopefully they give him decent minutes and let him develop a bit, the kid has a lot of upside.

I wouldn't say a lot of upside. If we didn't have Carrick here, then I would definitely give him a chance to develop into the 4/5 he probably could become. However, if we can find a good trade for him and Holland, then I think we have to jump on it.

Next up on the list should be getting Marincin locked up for the next couple of years. Then we'll look into trades and what we can do to move some guys out, and to bring a backup and maybe some picks in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad