Friedman: Leafs have received calls on Tyson Barrie

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You are a Leaf fan. You have been watching. He has scored some nice goals. He has been fiesty. His line with Soup and Moore has been the Leafs best on some nights and certainly the most consistent. If Barrie ever gets goig in Toronto, we are in good stead.
Still didn't explain how Kerfoot has been very good in Toronto. He's 10+ pts off his average pt total when he was with Colorado. Sakic won that deal, it was a fleecing. Kadri is on a 60+ pt pace while Barrie has been a disaster, and Kerfoot is 10+ pts off his career average. So to get back to the point, if Dubas deals from a position of weakness as he is right now, with his track record, it may turn out worse for him than even him dealing a first rd pick to Carolina this upcoming summer.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Still didn't explain how Kerfoot has been very good in Toronto. He's 10+ pts off his average pt total when he was with Colorado. Sakic won that deal, it was a fleecing. Kadri is on a 60+ pt pace while Barrie has been a disaster, and Kerfoot is 10+ pts off his career average. So to get back to the point, if Dubas deals from a position of weakness as he is right now, with his track record, it may turn out worse for him than even him dealing a first rd pick to Carolina this upcoming summer.
I told you why Kerfoot has been and that Barrie has been poor. The Carolina pick is conditional if they draft this year it will be between 11-31 next year will if next year it is unconditional admittedly a poor trade but his hands were tied on that one, his bounus was due the next day and we didn't want it on our cap. But you got Dubas with that one, bad trade, inherited problem. But yeah Kadri is in the 50-60 point area when he plays 80 games or so. He is a good player. But a fleecing is a bit of a stretch. It hasn't been close to a season yet.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Barrie's a pure rental that's going to want a huge extension, and he has been pretty awful this year for the Leafs. I don't know that they'd get back much for him, relative to what they paid for him.

He so makes less than 3 million.

If a team wants him theyll have to pay something of value

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Wow Dubas with another leak... not gonna work sorry bro

Lol “sorry you need to up the anti my phones been blowing up all week”

I hope the other GM’s call, do some heavy mouth breathing and hang up

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hamonic/Barrie makes sense

Kind of wondering if there's a bit of a dual-team shake-up trade that can be made between the two franchises to get each one going.

Hamonic and Barrie kind of make sense. Both guys are struggling this season, but have brought much higher levels of play in the past. Hammer would slide in well with Rielly, and give him an actual NHL caliber partner. Barrie could slide into Giordano to give him a rich-man's Brodie as a partner. It's also assure Calgary that Rasmus Andersson is playing in the top 4 every night, because he is an absolute rockstar.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I find the premise of this thread interesting, because recent acquisition Justin Faulk in St. Louis doesn't seem to be working out either. Now, that is where the similarities between the Faulk and Barrie situations end, as Faulk is signed for several more years. Still, I find the idea of a Blues-Leafs swap involving Faulk intriguing, as Armstrong and Dubas have been trade partners previously. The thing is, I am not sure if the Blues would want Barrie as part of the deal. Perhaps they could "flip " Barrie at the TDL, or perhaps involve another team as part of a three way deal. Obviously, I haven't thought this all the way through, I'm just throwing ideas around right now.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It doesn't say anywhere the Leafs are looking to get rid of him.

Well no one is able to know the leafs are being called without this story being leaked so it would appear this is them throwing the line in the water looking for a bite

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
He is my comic relief! I love that poster and he is a Leaf fan. He just loves the character he plays.
Yeah. that is why I don't have him on ignore. I quite enjoy reading what he writes, actually. He is the type that will search statistics for 2 hours until he finds something that supports what he thinks and will clinch to it. But I think I am giving him too much attention now. Have a good Sunday, dude! :)

Reactions: Leaf Fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad